Hondo S. Carpenter
Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m.
- MSU baseball is now 3-1 and 1 in the Big Ten.Â You can check out the Spartans at Olds Park on Wednesday!
- Yee-Haa it is opening day in baseball.
- The White Sox won the first game of the season last night.Â Is that a sign to come I am talking baseball later this month with all of my predictions?
- On tonightâ€™s show I have Tiger pitcher Nate Robertson, and boxer Tommy Washington, Jr.
- Tony Stewart had a real nice win in NASCAR on Sunday.Â He is showing that once again he is a force to be reckoned with in NASCAR.Â I just donâ€™t think he will win it again, but I certainly donâ€™t question his ability to win it all.
- Phil Mickelson yesterday on the PGA.Â He just played like Tiger and manhandled the field.
- All that I am hearing from the Knicks (and trust me I am hearing a lot) is how miserable Larry Brown is.Â Really?Â Larry â€œI have never been happy anywhereâ€ Brown is sad?Â Does he want to quit and go home?Â Well he is stuck with Stephon Marbury, and Steve Francis and Eddie Curry and I almost forgot, Jalen Rose.Â All of them have yet to buy into good oleâ€™ Uncle Larryâ€™s plan and he just canâ€™t cut them.Â All of them are at or near the top in max salaries and folks just arenâ€™t lining up for all that unmotivated and disgruntled crap.Â Hereâ€™s to you Larry, you made your bed now enjoy it.
- Sheed got his 16th technical of the season yesterday and when I asked Flip about it, he felt like a lot of them are on reputation and not because he deserved it.Â I disagree with him, and just like yesterday when he got to the game late they still started him.Â They are letting him get away with too much.Â Listen to me Pistons fan:Â trade him and some picks and get Kevin Garnett.
- Not letting the guys at the ticket (92.1) have their last show on Friday was a classless move by the station management.Â It was not a decision of the local management team; it came from the people in Akron, Ohio.Â Well it was classless and it hurt that groupâ€™s reputation.Â Also, it was my buddyâ€™s Dave the MAD DOG DeMarcoâ€™s 10th anniversary.Â He for sure deserved better.
- Paul Allen, the BILLIONAIRE owner of the Portland Trailblazers is watching his team on and off the court hemorrhage.Â He is seeing them lose way too much, as well as they are pouring money out the door.Â He wants out and is trying to sell the team.
- J. Rich went off last night in a loss for 33!Â He certainly is making the Spartan Nation proud.
- Mo Pete also went off for 27 in a Toronto loss.
- It is only 6 months and 4 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
See you all tonight on the news at 6:15 and Hondoâ€™s House at 7:30 if youâ€™re in this market!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!Â Peace!