Hondo S. Carpenter
Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m.
- I predicted in my pool that UCLA and UF would make it to the final game and I am shocked that I got it.Â In all 11 of my pools that I participate I had UCLA and it 6 of them I had Florida, so it looks like Hondo is going to do well this year.
- For the record, I think Florida will win it tomorrow.
- I was at the Pistons game today and I am very pleased that Flip must be reading the Spartan Nation blog because he is not over playing his guys.Â Chauncey is just insane the way he plays.Â I was talking to my buddy Rob Parker who is a Detroit columnist and he agrees with me that there is no way any team beats these guys in a series.Â The Palace is too tough!
- I realize that the Chiefs may be the best fit for Joey Harrington, but it appears that he has come to a 2-year deal with Nick Saban and the Dolphins.Â So now, if the Lions and Dolphins can work out a deal, Joey will be history.Â Donâ€™t rule the Chiefs out yet, but clearly the Fins have moved to the top of the food chain.
- The Packers desperately want Charles Woodson the former UM and Raider CB.Â That would really help patch, yes it would only be a patch, that terrible DB.
- Remember I told you weeks ago that the Lions really wanted A.J. Hawk and Mike Huff.Â I stand by that after lots of talk this weekend.Â If Hawk is there he is there #1 choice, but Huff is like a 1A!
- I talked with a player on the Chicago Bears and evidently the players are so angry at the Bears for not taking care of Lovie Smith as reported that they all are going to avoid extending contracts until that situation handled.Â Maybe some of the less â€œattractiveâ€ players will resign, but that class A guy will not because they know they can go elsewhere.
- MSU baseball is 2-1 in the Big Ten with a big game against Indiana again today.
- It is only 6 months and 5 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!