Hondo S. Carpenter
Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Tonight on Hondoâ€™s House my special guest is Coach David Grewe of the MSU baseball team. We will break down the MSU team and talk about the health of the program. Thatâ€™s tonight at 7:30!
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m.
- All this week you will hear from Tom Izzo on the evening news as he breaks down what went wrong this season.
- Allan Anderson is having a very good season. He is quietly just doing his job and making the Spartan Nation proud for the Bobcats.
- With Keyshawn in the fold in Carolina with All Pro Steve Smith, this clearly moves the Panthers back near the top of the NFL.
- I was in Albany, New York with the MSU hockey team this weekend. It was incredibly disappointing, but you canâ€™t let that emotion over come the fact that this team had a great season. All the credit goes to them as a whole. Obviously Coach Comley is the glue, but what a great group of kids.
- With the MSU women getting beat in the tournament, it is now time to look at this run to the sweet 16 as a real brick, laid in the foundation of the MSU womenâ€™s program.
- Drew Miller it seems needs to wait and talk to his NHL team. If I was a betting man however, I think he will be back. If Miller does return, I think that MSU is clearly #2 in the nation to start next season.
- I correctly picked 2 of the 4 final four teams, how did you do?
- You have to love the run that George Mason has made, it makes some of the talking heads look silly but this run is great for the NCAA and all the small schools.
- The Chiefs are the front-runner for the services of Joey Harrington. That said, anyone could step up, this tid bit is by no means saying that it is done.
- Mike Brown, the owner of the Cincinnati Bengals, is by far one of the most loathed owners. He has even come close to taking the total rights away from Al Davis as public enemy number one among the owners.
- Ricky Williamsâ€™ appeal of his positive drug test will take place next month. No date has of yet been set (or at least communicated to him yet) but if anyone had a chance in this skintight ruling; it would be Rickyâ€™s situation.
- The Chiefs want the playoffs expanded by 2 teams, thus eliminating the buy week for the best teams. That idea is stupid and has little support among the league.
- A very influential Oklahoma attorney wants to either buy the Hornets and move them to Oklahoma City, or at least get a â€œstrongâ€ minority share and move them there. This should get real interesting.
- Jim Leyland continues to get great respect not only on the Tigers but also around the league. When Carlos Pena asked him point blank about his position on the team, Leyland â€œtold him the truth.â€ He told him that he would not make the roster going north. He asked for and was given his release.
- With Verlander and Zumaya on the roster, it looks like this season for the Tigers will be a rebuilding year but they are finally in the hunt.
- Charles Rogersâ€™s attitude continues to frustrate the Lions new staff. Now that Lions are not going to get any of their several million-dollar grievances they filed against him, look for him to get shipped out if he does not shape up.
- Speaking of shaping up, Mike Williams is over weight, and the new staff is anything but pleased. Marinelli has been assured by Matt Millen that he gets to set his roster, so even though it means a lot of money, donâ€™t be surprised if both them donâ€™t step up, if they arenâ€™t on this team come September.
- MSU football has begun spring football, which as you all know is the most critical around here in a long time. The Spartans are not only fighting for wins, but also the job of the head coach. You get mixed reviews when you talk to the players off the record about the â€œloveâ€ for the cowboy. I for one really like John L. and I think that this team will get to the mandatory amount of wins necessary for him to keep his job in my opinion: 8!
- It is only 6 months and 11 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!