Hondo S. Carpenter
Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- On Fridayâ€™s Hondoâ€™s House my guest will be University of Illinois head basketball coach Bruce Weber.
- Once again, the great one King Izzo takes a Spartan Nation team to over 20 wins.Â That is amazing, and the sad part is so many people just donâ€™t get how good this guy is.
- MSU hockey has the weekend off with a buy as the rest of the CCHA fights it out as the playoffs have begun!Â Yee-Haa!
- Look for the Lions to attempt to get Simeon Rice the stud DE from the Buccaneers.Â Simeon recently said:Â â€œcoach Marinelli is the best coach in the NFL.Â He made me better every day.â€Â Pretty high praise from a guy that still plays for Jon Gruden!
- You first saw it here, that the NFL extended it free agency period, and I talked early this morning with sources from the league who said both sides talked (separately) through the night and that the owners have an impending offer the players should receive sometime late this afternoon.
- It would appear, based upon 3 different teams sources that the salary cap if agreed upon, would rest somewhere around 58% or in real money over $100 million.Â That would be huge.Â If a deal is done, remember those terms.
- MSU WR and Associate Head Coach Jim McElwain has left MSU for the Raiders.Â John L. Smith, who is clearly on the coaching hot seat, needs to look inside the Spartan Nation to find a replacement.
- NASCAR is sending their Hall of Fame to Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Paul Davis and Mo Ager say goodbye to the Spartan Nation on Saturday.Â What a great tandem they have been.Â No off or on court issues and did nothing but make the Spartan Nation proud.
- With all the love Verlander is getting in camp, donâ€™t be surprised, and you heard it hear first long before spring training if he comes north as the number 5.
- The Wings are one of the few teams that the Olympics helped.Â Yes, they had a lot of players in, they also got some great rest, and are poised to win the cup, or make a huge run for it.
- The Pistons have the NBAâ€™s best record at 47-10 and play tonight against Seattle.
- The Red wings have the night off, but they also have the best record in the NHL with 85 points.
- On Mondayâ€™s Hondoâ€™s House I have Ryan Van Dyke former MSU and Marshall QB as my guest.Â He was recently signed as the Grand Rapids Rampage of the Arena leagues as a QB!
- Congrats to MSU for being the only team in America with 3 players (Ager, Brown, Davis) that average more then 17 points per game. PPG
- It is only 7 months and 4 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!