Hondo S. Carpenter
Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m. Monday thru Friday on ABC 53.
- I am really excited. Friday my special guest on Hondoâ€™s House is the Lions center/guard Brock Gutierrez. Brock is a great guy and is from Mid Michigan.
- Charles Rogers has just about played himself out of a roster spot. If his efforts donâ€™t improve fast, he could be released.
- The Chiefs are backing off in the Harrington sweepstakes. Who knows if it is a ploy, but it clearly looks like the Dolphins. In the NFL, that means: nothing.
- The Lions clearly are favoring Mike Huff in the draft.
- One Lions player told me late last night: â€œit is very obvious that Charles and Mike Williams just donâ€™t care or donâ€™t get it.â€
- Highly coveted Michigan guard Ramar Smith committed to play for the Volunteers of Tennessee. Quietly the Vols are moving on to the national radar.
- The Lions are â€œquietlyâ€ adjusting to the new life under this disciplined coaching staff. One Lion told me: â€œit doesnâ€™t matter, this is just old school football, and if some guys canâ€™t hang, letâ€™s find out now and not during the season.
- MSU football has an open practice at Spartan Stadium this Saturday at 1. Be there!
- I will be at the Joe tonight as they go for the Presidentâ€™s cup. That is the best record in the NHL.
- Tigers have the day off. They lost yesterday, but look good.
- The Pistons continue to march, they need to rest, but they canâ€™t get out of game shape.
- I talked with 2 NBA scouts in the last week who both feel that Shannon Brown staying at MSU is his best idea. Both felt like he could be a top ten next year if he continues to improve.
- The mood among the UM faithful is not excitement. People very close to the program told me moments ago: â€œit is now time to stop all the dumb loses, we have no excitement anymore until AFTER the season.â€ Ouch!
- It is only 5 months and 26 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
See you all tonight on the news at 6:15 and Hondoâ€™s House on Friday at 7:30 if youâ€™re in the Mid Michigan market.
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them! Peace!