Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m.
- I am really excited.Â Tonight my special guest on Hondoâ€™s House is the Tigers Chris Shelton.Â You wonâ€™t want to miss that.Â He leads the majors in Home Runs as well as Batting average and in this Hondoâ€™s House exclusive you will see why everybody really likes this fine young man.
- The Lions resigned center/guard Brock Gutierrez today.Â Brock is a great guy and is from Mid Michigan, this was a great signing.
- The Tigers fell to 5-2 today with a 5-3 loss to the White Sox today.
- According to the Saturday edition of the Dallas Morning News (thanks to my buddy Rick in Dallas) MSU has pulled out of its series with the Texas A&M Aggies for 2010 and 2011.Â Rachel Cohen, the DMN writer had the scoop and we want to give her some props.
- Sophomore Forward Robert Vaden is leaving Indiana to join Mike Davis.
- I just finished reading two sports books that I highly recommend to everyone.Â First is Innocence in the red Zone.Â A book by Roger Groves about Bobby Williams and his time at MSU.Â Although it is written from a very pro Bobby stance, almost as a letter to future schools about hiring him, it is an exceptionally fine book.Â You have to read through some things and get your own opinions but I thought it very enlightening about the inner workings of what went down.Â Certainly some folks at MSU are not going to like it, but it is a very good read.
- Secondly, Game of Shadows.Â The powerful expose on steroid use in major sports.Â Although Barry Bonds is clearly the center point, it speaks openly and candidly about many other athletes in many other sports.Â For the in depth sports fan, this book is a must.
- John Calipari is negotiation with N.C. State to take over as the new head coach.
- Ricky Williams appeal to the NFL about is drug suspension takes place today.Â I am not in the room, and obviously that precludes me from any information.Â That said, people I have spoken to who are in the know, who I never thought would side will Ricky, seem to think he will get off.Â He was not, based on what they tell me on any illegal substance.Â They all admit that getting off in the NFL is almost impossible, but if any case could: this is the one.
- I was at so many sporting events this weekend but I had a great time.Â I got a chance to really talk to Chauncey Billups and I will be showing that exclusive tonight on Hondoâ€™s Highlights at 6:15 p.m. on channel 53.Â Also we got great footage from Ryan Van Dykeâ€™s start with the Grand Rapids Rampage and we also were on hand for all the Red Wings.Â As always our staff was there and weâ€™ve got all the highlights and interviews.
- Lots of props to Phil Mickelson on his Masterâ€™s win.
- Mid Michiganâ€™s own John Smoltz pitched good enough to win but his bullpen blew the save yesterday.
- The Pistons killed the Pacers yesterday.Â The Pacers have quit on Carlisle and Bird.Â Rumors I am hearing are that the Knicks may buy out Larry Brown and the Pacers would like to bring him back.
- Charlie Bell made us proud with 16 points last night.
- Mo Pete and Alan Anderson faced off last night.Â AA had 6 points and Mo dropped in 9.Â Bondo takes the mound today in the home opener against the World Champion Chicago White Sox.Â Hondoâ€™s House/Highlights will be in the house.
- In NASCAR yesterday Kasey Kahne won the poll and went on to win the race.
- It is only 5 months and 27 days until the MSU vs. UM football game!
See you all tonight on the news at 6:15 and Hondoâ€™s House at 7:30 if youâ€™re in the Mid Michigan market.
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them!Â Peace!