Thanks again for taking the time to read Spartan Nation.
- Donâ€™t forget to join me each weeknight for Mid-Michiganâ€™s most sports at 6:15 p.m.
- Make sure you keep an eye on Spartan Nation about â€œwhat is going on in the Duffy building.â€ A close look at the state of State football.
- Day 3 of the Steve McNair lockout. With each day that tool Bud Adams is rising up the â€œwho is the dumbest people in sports list.â€
- Look for big things from Ryan Van Dyke in the AFL. More details to come.
- The NFL in all of its wisdom did make a great decision. It has T.O. and the Cowboyâ€™s going back to Philly for a Christmas day game. That will be fun. If the Lions do not have a Christmas day game, I will be there.
- People close to Charles Woodson told me last night that they think he will sign with Jon Gruden and the Bucs. They just like that system and Woodson would love to play with Derrick Brooks.
- Now that the Lions are telling people they want a 3rd or 4th rd. pick for the baby kangaroo instead of a 5th or 6th, look for the demand to lay off a little bit. In the end, if the Lions arenâ€™t dumb about it, they will take what they can. The issue is however, just like it was with T.O., that teams know that Joey will be cut, so they have the advantage of waiting.
- Tigers went strong yesterday with a huge 14-3 win. Lotâ€™s of homers occurred in spring training and when all the nation pundits said that would die off, I said it wouldnâ€™t. Detroit is leading the majors in bombs. I predicted 82 wins this season and that means only 80 more wins!
- It has been the consensus in D-town with the Lions that the #1 defensive player in the draft Mario Williams the all world DE from Maryland would not even be close to available with the #9 pick. The Lions love A.J. Hawk and Mike Huff as I have screamed hollered and yelled to all of you. That said, as of yesterday, Detroit is looking at the possibilities of trading up to get Williams. A man that many people, including Coach Brandt (NFL draft guru) told me is the 2nd coming of L.T.
- I have just started the book GAME OF SHADOWS and let me tell you. It is worth the jack to read it. Trust me sports fans, get a copy: itâ€™s that good.
- MSU baseball under the great eye of David Grewe has moved to 13-10 on the season with a nice 6-3 win last night at Olds Park. Get out to Olds Park this season for a MSU game people.
- MSU goes to Purdue this weekend for a series with the Boilers.
- With the Masters this weekend you would probably only get to bet someone if they got the entire field and you got Tiger. Can anyone stop him? He is just sick. I really like him on and off the course and wish him well with all the situations with his Dad. He is one dominating athlete you root for because he does do it right.
- Jimmy Rollins hit streak hit 38 games; does anyone really think he will get the record?
- Props to Liz Shimek for being drafted and moved already in the WNBA. She is now a Houston Comet, a great organization for her. She is a great young lady and will make the Spartan Nation very proud.
- Are you ready for this: Larry Brown is now public ally questioning if he should coach the Knicks! This train wreck is wonderful!
- The Pistons take on Shaq and Wade tonight-in South Beach. This one will be fun at 8 p.m.
- The Wings have tonight off and play Columbus on Friday.
- The Spartan Nationâ€™s Mo Pete went off for 12 in last nights Raptor loss.
- Charlie Bell had 11 last night in a Buck loss.
- J. Rich had 24 pts and 8 assts in a Warrior loss.
- Zach Randolph looked great with 17 points in a Portland win.
- The Tigers go for win number 3 tonight at 8:05 still against the Royals. Can we play them every day?
- Pudge was a cancer in the clubhouse last year that was no secret. That said one difference with the Tigers catcher this year that we see already is that he is waiting for each at bat to develop, not rushing. How so Uncle Hondo you ask? Check this out. In the first game he actually got a walk. Something you didnâ€™t see a lot of last year. Yesterday in three of the five times up today he didn't swing at the first pitch. If that continues, look for Pudge to have a serious All-Star season. Letâ€™s just hope he has a better relationship with his teammates also.
- It is only 6 months and 1 dayâ€™s until the MSU vs. UM football game!
See you all tonight on the news at 6:15 and Hondoâ€™s House at 7:30 on Friday if youâ€™re in the Mid Michigan market.
Thanks everyone, hug your loved ones and remind them that you love them! Peace!