Lions 2008 Win Loss Prediction
- @ Atlanta The Lions go in and the defense will shine.Â They will stop and anemic Falcons offense from being able to do much and the Lions open the 2008 season with a road win.Â Make it 24-13 Lions.Â Season record:Â 1-0!
- Green Bay The Pack comes in and the Lions defense is again the reason that they win this game.Â Late in the fourth quarter with the Pack driving, Ernie Sims lays a new tattoo on the new Packers QB and the Lions win 20-13.Â Packers fans may get their wish with the injury and get Brett Favre back.Â Season record:Â 2-0!
- @ San Francisco The Martz bowl doesnâ€™t go so pleasant for the Lions.Â This time the defense struggles and the offense canâ€™t bail them out.Â The Lions open up the passing game to late and lose to their nemesis Mike Martz 27-23.Â Season record:Â 2-1!
- Bye I predict that the Lions wonâ€™t lose this week.Â Season record:Â 2-1!
- Chicago Bears This is a battle of a very good defense against a decent offense and an improving defense against a pathetic offense.Â The Lions prevail 16-14 on a last second Jason Hanson FG 16-14.Â Season record:Â 3-1!
- @ Minnesota The Lions defense suffers a meltdown and AP runs all over them.Â The Offense gets ripped as Kitna throws three interceptions and they lose 31-17.Â Season record:Â 3-2.
- @ Houston The Lions play decent but not great on either side of the ball and in a nail biter they lose 20-19 on a final drive of the game score by the Texans.Â Season record:Â 3-3.
- Redskins The Skins come to town and although they have struggles some through the first seven weeks, they manhandle the Lions and win one 21-20 with a blocked Hanson extra point.Â Season record:Â 3-4.
- @ Bears The Lions head to Chitown with a three game losing streak and the season sinks lower.Â With the temperatures frigid and the snow flying the Lions are able to do nothing and the Bears run the ball at will.Â Lions lose again 27-10.Â Season record: 3-5.
- Jacksonville The Lions are on a four game slide and Jacksonville was not what the doctor ordered.Â The Lions play well, but are drastically out manned.Â The balance of the Jags keeps the Lions guessing and they lose 27-16.Â Season record:Â 3-6.Â
- @ Carolina The Lions go on the road hoping to steal a win, but it is not to be.Â In their worst performance of the season, they get beat down by one of the NFLâ€™s surprise teams in the Panthers and get abused 34-9.Â Season record:Â 3-7.
- Â Tampa Bay After an a fire filled speech by Marinelli following the epic embarrassment in Carolina, the Lions return home and handle a good Tampa Bay team.Â The Bucs North (or Lions as some of you call them) are pumped to face many of their former teammates and they win 24-16.Â Season record:Â 4-7!
- Tennessee The Lions love turkey day and Joe Barryâ€™s D starts to shine as some youngsters have their best games of the season.Â They corral the elusive Vince Young and the Lions win16-13 for a two game winning streak.Â Season record:Â 5-7!
- Minnesota The Lions pay the Vikings back for the collapse in Minneapolis in week six and again the vastly improved Lions D (and young players) continue to shine and the Lions win easily, 27-16.Â Season record:Â 6-7!Â Three game winning streak.
- @Indianapolis Optimism runs high, as the Lions have recovered from a six game losing streak by being on a three game winning streak.Â The optimism doesnâ€™t last long and the Colts led by future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning right their struggling season by tearing the Lions a new one.Â Peyton has his best game of the season and the Lions D has their worst game.Â Lions lose 38-10.Â Season record 6-8.
- New Orleans The Lions think coming home will make life better.Â They know if they win the last two games they will finish at .500 and be vastly improved.Â Unfortunately the Saints donâ€™t get the memo and the Lions get crushed when they lose on a field goal in overtime.Â Make it 27-24 Saints.Â Season record 6-9.
- @ Green Bay The Lions know that once again they will not finish at .500 or above and they enter the game deflated.Â The Packers need a win to make the playoffs and the Lions have nothing to gain but better draft position.Â The Lions fight hard behind Drew Stantonâ€™s first career start, but the Packers win 20-10.Â Season record:Â 6-10.
I sure hope I am wrong, but I doubt it on this one!