What to look for with the Lions first pre-season game tonight!
This Lions camp has been one of note in that no fines, fights or altercations have broken out.Â The guys are all approaching this with a real sense of business and that is a good thing.Â Here are some things that we all need to be looking at tonight.Â Â I invite all of you to write your review of the Lions game tonight and I will post some of them.Â In the meantime here are some things that I am looking for tonight.
- How will IAF play?Â Tonight will be his chance to show some things.Â Now let me say that I am not expecting him to be a world changer at this point, but this is when he gets to do his thing and I want to see how far along he is.
- I want to see the entire front four starters get pressure on the QB!
- Pre-season games are not really game planned like a regular season games.Â They will devise scenarios in certain situations to get looks at guys.Â I want to see those match ups that the coaches create because they tell you the questions and issues that the staff has with players.
- JTO is getting a lot of press but I am not sold on the young man.Â I am intrigued because there are a lot of guys that can practice but how can they play.Â JTO has been with a lot of teams and not stuck around for a reason.
- How is Gerald Alexander adjusting to the new defense?Â He is going to be good but he needs some time to develop.Â How far is his development?
- I am a Fernando Bryant guy.Â Since coming to the Lions he has been injury bit and I want to see him with those 10-15 reps at the start.Â How are his feet and balance?
- Keep a keen eye on Woody and Peterman.
- I want to see how Kitna does holding the ball.Â Granted it wonâ€™t be the fourth quarter of a real game but has he addressed that problem.
- Paging Baileyâ€¦Boss?
- Purely from a sick, testosterone fueled attitude I want to see Ernie Sims jack someone up.Â It has been way too long.
- Alex Lewis will get a lot of PT and I want to see it.Â I have liked him a long time and I enjoy watching him play.
- My biggest concern is the CB play and I will watch intently every play they have.
- Two words:Â Theo Spight!Â Who is he?Â He is more affectionately known as Gridiron by the Lions faithful, but he is a good friend and is the man who wears the hard hat and sings when the Lions score.Â The more he sings the better the game has gone.Â MEMO to Millen:Â just let the dude sing the national anthem at each game.
Obviously those are things that most people will be watching and there are other issues, but for now that is what I will put out.Â Make sure you take time to write your game reviews for me.Â Â Â