NWU Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald from Here in Chicago at the Big Ten Media Days
- â€œNot satisfied with the outcome of last season.â€
- â€œVery competitive off season.â€Â
- â€œBringing in a wealth of experience with new coordinators.â€
- â€œTwo new coordinators means a lot of new communication issues this off season and building trust.â€
- â€œIf you look at the Big Ten eight of the offenses run the spread.â€
- On Tyrell Sutton â€œPoised to have a great season that could rival his Big Ten freshman of the year performance.â€
- â€œWe are right on track.â€
- Finishing Games:Â â€œThat is a way of life, not just football.â€Â â€œMaybe we werenâ€™t in good enough condition?Â At the end of the day it all comes down to confidence.â€
- Last season:Â â€œI learned a lot about myself.â€
- Loss to Duke:Â â€œWe got exactly what we deserved.â€Â
I like Fitzgerald.Â I like his honesty and he doesnâ€™t BS.Â He addressed the new coordinators honestly, but didnâ€™t make any excuses.Â I thought his comments about the 8 of 11 teams running the spread was very interesting and the media people here jumped on that and he even dissected the reasons of why.
He gave his usual candid response about finishing games and it being a confidence issue with his Wildcats.Â His answer to the embarrassing loss to Duke, about getting what they deserved was spot on and blunt.
I could care less if you love or hate NWU, he is a good guy and you have to root for himâ€¦when he isnâ€™t playing MSU.