Spartans in the NFL Week 11
- Although the Colts could not pull off a late game comeback, wide receiver Blair White looked great, pulling in five catches for forty-two yards, including touchdown catches of five and eighteen yards. Fellow Spartan alumni Brian Hoyer did not play in his teamâ€™s 31-28 triumph over Indianapolis.
- The Lionsâ€™ Terrific Trio of Spartans played a modest role in a 35-19 loss to the Cowboys. Starting outside linebacker Julian Peterson racked up four tackles, three assists, and one tackle for loss, kicker Dave Rayner hit one field goal of 47 yards, and quarterback Drew Stanton did not appear in the game. Dallas defensive back Ross Weaver remains on the practice squad.
- Tight end Chris Baker of the Seahawks started, recording no stats in a 34-19 defeat at the hands of the Saints.
- Two of the three Spartan alumni on the Bearsâ€™ and Dolphinsâ€™ rosters appeared in a Thursday night showdown between the two teams. The Bears owned the night, with a 16-0 win over a beat-up Dolphins squad. Chicago tight end Kellen Davis started, recording no stats. Punter Brandon Fields was busy for Miami, booting seven balls for a 40.1 yard average, even picking up a special teams tackle. Defensive end Ervin Baldwin is still on the Bearsâ€™ practice squad.
- Jets safety Eric Smith recorded three tackles and a quarterback hurry in a 30-27 triumph over the Texans.
- In a battle between division bottom-dwellers, the Bills came out on top over the Bengals, 49-31. Both Bengals who hail from Michigan State- defensive tackle Domato Peko and center Kyle Cook- started in the game. Peko also added on an assist, a quarterback hurry, and an assist on a sack. Recent Bills pickup Jehuu Caulcrick had one rush for two yards in the game.
- Starting right tackle Flozell Adams and the Steelers trampled the Raiders and defensive back Jeremy Ware, 35-3. Ware appeared in the game, but had no stats.
- Four Spartans in all were on the sidelines in a 37-13 pasting of the Panthers by the Ravens. On the sidelines for Carolina were Chris Morris (who saw time at center in the game) and Devin Thomas, who returned three kickoffs for a total of 63 yards. For Baltimore, wide receiver Derrick Mason started, picking up forty-two yards on three catches while defensive end Brandon McKinney was on the Not Active list for Baltimore.
- Running back Javon Ringer had one rush for one yard for the Titans in a 19-16 loss at the hands of the Redskins.
- In a Monday Night battle between division rivals and Spartan alumni, the Chargers came out on top over the Broncos, 35-14. Kevin Vickerson (defensive end) and Renaldo Hill (safety) started and starred for Denver: Vickerson racked up five tackles and an assist while Hill picked up four tackles. San Diego nose tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo had two tackles for the conquering Chargers.
- Note: Linebacker David Herron was cut by the Chargers on November 22nd.