Nebraska football head coach Scott Frost and players provided insights Thursday on the eve of fall camp, with Frost saying, "This is the best feeling around our building by a long shot we've had."
Frost, entering his fourth season at Nebraska, said he wants to settle position battles sooner rather than later. At running back, "I don't want it to be by committee, ideally."
The first practice will be Friday (see the practice schedule here). Frost said there will be eight fully padded practices, fewer than usual. "We'll get plenty of chances to evaluate the tackling and blocking," he said.
Frost said he's uncomfortable with his roster's COVID-19 vaccination rate (which he declined to specify), but he said players are being educated about the safety of getting vaccinated and how it's the best way to ensure an uninterrupted season.
Center Cam Jurgens said he's had offseason conversations with former Husker offensive linemen, including Brenden Stai and Rob Zatechka, to get an understanding of "what made up the pipeline." Jurgens said he’d like the O-line to be the enforcers when another position group gets out of line.
Watch the video below, and scroll down for links to full coverage. Refresh this page for the latest additions.
- Omaha World-Herald | McKewon: "There's a level of seriousness with this group" (video)
- Omaha World-Herald | Shatel: Are Huskers risking football games if they don't get vaccinated?
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple: Martinez's 'nothing to lose' mentality may lead to heck of a comeback story
- Hail Varsity | 10 Questions for Nebraska Football, Both Large and Small, as the 2021 Season Draws Near
- Lincoln Journal Star | Frost 'not comfortable' with Huskers' vaccination rate; RB up for grabs; NU healthy overall
- Omaha World-Herald | Frost not yet 'comfortable' with Husker football team's vaccination rate
- Hail Varsity | Frost Talks Key Position Battles and More as Nebraska Opens Fall Camp
- Omaha World-Herald | Frost wants to see position battles settled early, especially at running back
- Husker247 | Expect some depth chart decisions 'a little earlier than normal' this camp
- Hail Varsity | New NCAA Rules Reduce Contact as Huskers Ready for Fall Camp
- HuskerOnline | Cam Taylor-Britt embracing key role in Nebraska's 2021 success
- Husker247 | Huskers in the Hallway: Daniels feels fit, Benhart sees the game slow, and more
- Hail Varsity | Cam Jurgens is Squarely at the Center of a Shifting Mentality on the Nebraska Offensive Line
- Omaha World-Herald | Husker quarterback Adrian Martinez has 'nothing left to lose' entering 2021 season
- Lincoln Journal Star | With his sixth season on deck, JoJo Domann ready to embrace role he saw others manage in 2016
- Omaha World-Herald | Notes: Nebraska's defensive line is 'starting from scratch'
- Lincoln Journal Star | Goals are nice. Progress is good. Husker players on Thursday put 2021 plan simply; 'I want to win'
- Husker247 | Martinez embracing 'nothing to lose' approach to 2021 season
- HuskerOnline | Veteran DB Marquel Dismuke dedicated to learn, educate young players
- Omaha World-Herald | Veteran Huskers see plenty to work on a month ahead of season opener
- Husker247 | Jurgens knows dominating up front is the best form of branding
- Husker247 | Bigger role coming in year three for Robinson