New York Giants offensive lineman Nick Gates is one tough hombre, so much so that not even a freshly repaired broken leg is going to hold him down.
Gates, who suffered an ugly-looking fracture of his lower left leg early in the Giants' Thursday night loss to the Washington Football Team, underwent surgery the following day at a local hospital in the Virginia area.
Gates, elected a team captain this year by his teammates, posted a video on his official Instagram account showing him up and moving around, his left leg in a wrap as he held onto a walker for stability after undergoing surgery.
College Football Stock Report: Risers and Fallers from Week 7
Who's stock is rising and who's is falling? Zach Dietz has your answers in his Week 7 College Football Stock Report.
Unfortunately, Gates, who as of Monday was still i the hospital recovering from his surgery, will miss the rest of the 2021 season, but the fans and his teammates will undoubtedly see him again this season--maybe not on the playing field but at least on the sideline.
Meanwhile, it was encouraging to see him up and moving around so soon after his surgery. There's little doubt that Gates, who was one of the Giants' best and most consistent linemen before his injury, will be back better and stronger than ever before in 2022.
More from Giants Country
- Costly Mistakes Becoming Norm for New York Giants
- New York Giants Week 2 Report Card: The Good Can't Overpower the Bad
- Dexter Lawrence Reveals Thoughts on New York Giants' Game-changing Penalty
- New York Giants Mailbag: Super Sized Edition
- Five Plays That Doomed the New York Giants in Week 2
Join the Giants Country Community
- Sign up for our FREE digest newsletter
- Follow and like us on Facebook
- Submit your questions for our mailbag
- Listen and subscribe to the daily LockedOn Giants podcast.
- Subscribe and like the new LockedOn Giants YouTube Channel
- Sign up for our FREE message board forums
- Subscribe and like our YouTube Channel