The Florida State Seminoles hit the road to take on the North Carolina Tar Heels on Saturday afternoon. The Seminoles finally earned a victory last weekend against Syracuse. They will be looking for another first today, head coach Mike Norvell has not won a road game during his tenure in Tallahassee (0-5). One thing that could play in FSU's favor is the weather, it's been raining in Chapel Hill since last night and that could continue into the game.
Tar Heels quarterback Sam Howell is one of the best signal-callers in the country. He's thrown 14 touchdowns to four interceptions. However, North Carolina's weakness on offense is its offensive line and running game. The five men up front have been consistently banged up through the first five games. That's an area Florida State's defense could take advantage of with talents like Jermaine Johnson, Keir Thomas, Fabien Lovett, and Robert Cooper.
NoleGameday will be providing live updates throughout the day on NoleGameday.com and our Twitter.
- Florida State will wear all white while North Carolina will don its traditional blue top and white pants.
- The game is set to kickoff at 3:30 eastern time on ESPN. The Seminoles are 17.5-point underdogs and the Over/Under is 64.5.
- Take a look at Florida State's depth chart here. Jordan Travis is expected to start at quarterback.
- The current weather forecast shows a 15% chance of rain at 3:00. It'll be 68 degrees with 7 MPH winds.
- It seems like multiple 'Noles including WR Joshua Burrell, DT Jarrett Jackson, DB Meiko Dotson, DB Brendan Gant, DB Renardo Green will be out today.
- Center Maurice Smith will make his first start since the season-opener. He's been banged up over the last few weeks.
- FSU wins the toss and defers. North Carolina will get the ball first.
- It takes just three plays for North Carolina to get into Seminole territory.
- Defensive back Sidney Williams goes down on the first drive.
- The Tar Heels convert on a 51-yard field to take a 3-0 lead with just over 10 minutes left in the quarter.
- Corey Wren gets drilled at the 17-yard line on the return but its ruled as targeting. FSU starts at the 32.
- The Seminoles go three and out, failing to gain a yard.
- North Carolina takes back over at its own 30. 9:29 remaining in the opening quarter.
- Florida State forces a fourth and 1 but Robert Cooper jumps offsides.
- Sidney Williams recovers and deflects a deep ball that would've been a touchdown.
- Sam Howell converts on third down with his legs. A chop-block penalty on the next play pushes the ball to the 38.
- Howell goes deep to Josh Downs for a touchdown. North Carolina 10, FSU 0, 2:55 left in the quarter.
- Travis Jay returns the kickoff to the 41. I think that's the longest return this season.
- False start and holding penalities back FSU up.
- Devontay Love-Taylor goes down with an injury.
- North Carolina leads 10-0 and has an advantage in snaps (26-3) and yardage (126-12).
- 3rd and 8 for the Florida State offense.
- Jashaun Corbin hits a hole for 16-yards. That's more yards than FSU had in the entire first quarter.
- Jordan Travis stays patient on 3rd and 6 to find Keyshawn Helton over the middle and get the Seminoles into the red zone.
- Treshaun Ward fights for a tough six yards to make it first and goal.
- Ward carries again to get inside the five-yard line.
- Travis rolls out to his right on third and goal and hits true freshman wide receiver Malik McClain near the sideline for a TOUCHDOWN. The first score of McClain's career.
- North Carolina leads 10-7 with 10:29 until half.
- Florida State's defense forces a three and out. The Seminoles get the ball back at their own 35 with momentum.
- Jordan Travis explodes up the left side for a 53-yard touchdown after keeping it himself on the RPO. Florida State has the lead.
- The Seminoles lead 14-10 with 8:36 until the break.
- North Carolina drives into Florida State territory.
- Howell goes deep but it's INTERCEPTED. Jarrian Jones makes a great play on the underthrown pass.
- Florida State grinds down the field before Jordan Travis finds Ontaria Wilson for a touchdown. Seminoles lead 21-10.
- North Carolina is unable to score before the break. FSU to receive the second half kick.
- Florida State starts at its own 25.
- Travis can't make the line to gain on third down. Seminoles go three and out to begin the second half.
- Howell runs for a first that should've been called back due to holding.
- Josh Downs catches a wide receiver screen to get inside the Florida State 40.
- A run puts North Carolina near the red zone.
- Howell throws a touchdown pass to get the Tar Heels back in the game. Florida State 21, North Carolina 17, 9:42 to play in the quarter.
- The Seminoles need an answer here.
- Jordan Travis throws a 44-yard deep shot to Keyshawn Helton.
- Travis dodges a blitzing defensive back and gets inside the 10.
- Corbin gets to the 1 and Travis sneaks it in a play later. TOUCHDOWN
- Florida State leads 28-17 with 7:43 left in the quarter.
- Howell finds an open receiver on the middle for a first down.
- Johnson and a host of Seminoles stuff a run.
- Howell's pass is dropped by a wide open receiver.
- The QB can't get it himself on third down after pressure from the pass-rush. North Carolina will punt.
- Florida State methodically drives down the field, aided by a huge catch from Keyshawn Helton the sideline.
- Jordan Travis finds a wide-open Ontaria Wilson for a touchdown. Travis has completed 11 straight passes.
- Florida State leads 35-17 with the fourth quarter nearing.
- North Carolina has the ball inside of the Florida State 40 after a Sam Howell run.
- Howell steps up in the pocket and hits a receiver inside the ten.
- Fabien Lovett and Malcolm Ray stop a run for no gain. Keir Thomas was injured on the play.
- Fabien Lovett makes another tackle for loss.
- Howell can't connect with his man on fourth and goal. Florida State gets the stop.
- The Seminoles take over on offense with a 35-17 lead. 12:46 to play in the fourth quarter.
- Florida State runs some clock but punts the ball back.
- North Carolina drives down and scores a touchdown but it took a ton of time off of the clock.
- The Seminoles lead 35-25 with under three minutes remaining.
- Florida State runs out the clock to defeat North Carolina 35-25. Head coach Mike Norvell has his first victory as the head coach of the Seminoles.
Follow Dustin Lewis on Twitter