LOUISVILLE, Ky. - On the heels of a tough 79-63 home loss to NC State, the Louisville men’s basketball program is hitting the road in an attempt to snap a two-game losing streak, traveling to the Steel City for a rematch with Pitt.
Against the Wolfpack, nothing much could go right for the Cardinals. Their starting five only put up 11 total points - the lowest for Louisville since 1933 - and the defense allowed NC State to shoot 56.1 percent from the field and 12-25 on three point attempts.
As for the Panthers, not much has changed since Louisville last faced them just over a week ago. While Pitt was able to secure their first ACC win, a 69-67 victory over Boston College, they then followed that up with a 77-61 loss at Syracuse to remain near the bottom of the league leaderboard.
This will be the 28th all-time meeting between Louisville and Pitt, with the Cardinals claiming an 21-6 advantage in the series. Louisville escaped with a 75-72 win during their last meeting a couple weeks ago on Jan. 5, thanks to an 18-point performance from El Ellis.
Louisville Cardinals (10-6, 4-2 ACC) at Pitt Panthers (6-10, 1-4 ACC)
- Date/Time: Saturday, Jan. 15 at 4:00 p.m. EST
- Place: Peterson Events Center in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- TV: ACC Network - Wes Durham (play-by-play) and Dan Bonner (analyst)
- Channel (Louisville)/Live Stream: Spectrum: 524, Dish: 402, DirecTV: 612; fuboTV (link here)
- Radio (Louisville): WKRD 790 AM; Paul Rogers (play-by-play), Bob Valvano (analyst).
(Photo of Noah Locke: Jamie Rhodes - USA TODAY Sports)
You can follow Louisville Report for future coverage by liking us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram:
You can also follow Deputy Editor Matthew McGavic at @Matt_McGavic on Twitter