Mississippi State and NC State both head into Saturday's matchup with a 1-0 record, but one team will leave Davis Wade Stadium with a loss by the end of the night.
The Wolfpack are listed as two-point favorites, coming off a dominant 45-0 shutout win over USF last week in which they rushed for nearly 300 yards as a team. Between that and a defense that snatched three combined interceptions off of Bulls quarterbacks Cade Fortin and Timmy McClain.
MSU will look to put on a more consistent performance after it narrowly escaped Week 1's game against LA Tech with 35-34 victory, thanks to a missed field goal by its opponent in the final two seconds of the game.
We saw just how explosive the Bulldogs offense could be in that final quarter as the team put together the largest comeback in school history from 20-point deficit. We'll see if they can continue off that momentum in this one.
You can find the latest updates on the score, big plays and stats right here throughout gameday. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. CT in Davis Wade Stadium.
BE SURE TO REFRESH YOUR BROWSER FOR THE VERY LATEST UPDATES!
Starting lineup announced:
- Mississippi State wins the toss, elects to receive
- Tulu Griffin takes it for a 100-yard touchdown out of the endzone, PAT is good. 7-0, Mississippi State.
- Nothing doing for the Wolfpack on their first drive as quarterback Devin Leary goes 0-2 passing. Standout running back Zonovan Knight had a 9-yard rush on the drive.
- Bulldogs go three-and-out and are forced to punt. NC State starts the drive at midfield.
- Jalen Green picks off an NC State jump pass in the end zone, and a promising drive for the Wolfpack comes to a halt.
- MSU goes three-and-out once again on its second drive of the game, with this drive ending off with an incomplete pass from quarterback Will Rogers to wide receiver Malik Heath.
- NC State field goal attempt goes wide
Score: MSU 7, NC State 0
- NC State gets to the scoreboard after a 45-yard field goal from Christopher Dunn. MSU 7, NC State 3.
- Bulldogs turn it over downs, trying a swing pass on 4th & 1, stopped just short.
- NC State makes nothing of the turnover on downs, punts it away to MSU after Leary is forced to throw it away on third down.
- Mississippi State went for it on 4th & 7 to keep the drive alive, converting and capping off the drive with a 21-yard Malik Heath touchdown. MSU 14, NC State 3.
HALFTIME: MSU 14, NC State 3.
- NC State squandered a drive that looked sure to be a scoring one when running back Zonovan Knight fumbled, recovered by the MSU defense.
Score: Mississippi State 21, NC State 3
- WR Makai Polk down on the field after massive hit, walks off with trainers
- Quarterback Devin Leary sacked by Mississippi State cornerback Emmanuel Forbes, turnover on downs with just over six minutes to play
- NC State recovers the onside kick
- QB Devin Leary sacked by MSU's Randy Charlton
- Leary intercepted by MSU safety Fred Peters, Rogers takes a knee
FINAL SCORE: MSU 24, NC STATE 10