The defensive side had the spotlight after Monday's Nebraska football practice, and the coaches who spoke said the players' greater understanding of the system has been a big bonus.
Coach Mike Dawson said his outside linebackers have gone from "400-level classes to 700 level" since last year. Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander said the players are having "real football conversations now."
Linebackers Chris Kolarevic and Garrett Nelson were among the players who spoke. Scroll down for all the coverage and video, and go here follow the discussion on the HuskerMax forums.
Scenes from the practice field
- HuskerOnline | Monday Fall Camp Nuggets: Blackshirts already off and running
- Husker247 | Husker Quick Hits: Attention on the linebackers
- Hail Varsity | 'Willingness to Do Things Right' Leads Way Early in Huskers' Fall Camp
- Lincoln Journal Star | Red Report: If energy wanes in practice, Domann and Nelson make voices heard
- Omaha World-Herald | Garrett Nelson learning how to be more than just the 'biggest and baddest dude'
- HuskerOnline | Finally healthy, Nick Henrich ready to make his mark
- Husker247 | Husker defense working ahead at start of fall camp
- Nebraska Athletics | Dawson Discusses Special Teams on Day Four of Fall Camp
- Lincoln Journal Star | After playing 'as well as anybody' in spring, Husker LB Henrich off to fast start in camp
- Husker 247 | Payne working to be a pain for foes as a Husker pass rusher
- Lincoln Journal Star | Preseason camp 'really fun' for Chinander, whose defense is past the basics and onto complex equations
- Omaha World-Herald | Notes: Husker defenders 'take their game to the next level' in fall camp
- Omaha World-Herald | Who Huskers will start at inside linebacker is still an open question
- Husker247 | Notes and film have Reimer looking to speed up mental side of things
- HuskerOnline | OLB Garrett Nelson is grateful to be learning football every day
- Lincoln Journal Star | With no glaring weaknesses, Husker backer Reimer hungry to push game to another level
- Omaha World-Herald | Mike Dawson, 'Pulp Fiction' and (pretty please with sugar on top) improving Nebraska's pass rush
- Lincoln Journal Star | Lincoln native Isaac Gifford finding ways to get on the field
- Lincoln Journal Star | Chinander praises newcomers, but playing time may be hard to come by for young NU defenders
- Husker 247 | Kolarevic has plenty of fuel entering first Husker season
- Lincoln Journal Star | Husker LB Nick Henrich could be a difference-maker this fall. The key? Staying on the field
HuskerMax/KLIN practice report
More post-practice audio/video
Erik Chinander and Chris Kolarevic
- HuskerOnline | Nebraska Football Monday Fall Camp Report
- Lincoln Journal Star | Four Downs: Who is the Huskers' most vocal guy on defense? Plus three more quick takeaways
- Lincoln Journal Star | Two-Minute Drill: Nick Henrich has to find a routine to stay healthy