Temperatures in the upper 90s are forecast for Saturday, and coach Scott Frost says the team's pregame warmups will be modified accordingly.
"We're going to adjust warmups a little bit and make sure we don't spend too much before the game," Frost said after Thursday's practice. "We've got the guys as prepped for that as we possibly can. I hope the fans take care of themselves too."
As for the Huskers' opponent, the Buffalo Bulls, he said: "They really run and hit on defense. We only have one game tape to go on, but they looked great in that first game. Our guys are prepped for a battle."
Frost offered nothing specific about the status of wide receiver Oliver Martin and tight end Travis Vokolek but said they are "really close" to returning to action.
Refresh this page to ensure you're seeing the latest additions. Go here for the HuskerMax discussion. Asterisk indicates item may require subscription.
- Hail Varsity | Nebraska 'Prepped For a Battle' As Buffalo Visits Lincoln
- Husker247 | Frost on Thursday: 'Our guys are prepped for a battle'
- Nebraska Athletics | Frost Discusses Heat, Improvement Areas for Game Saturday
- Lincoln Journal Star* | The Huskers, well aware of early upsets in college football season, are 'prepped for a battle' against Buffalo
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Huskers trying to beat the heat; key contributors 'really close' to returning; TEs answer the bell
- Omaha World-Herald* | Huskers prepared for heat as much 'as we possibly can,' Scott Frost says
- Omaha World-Herald* | Saturday's Husker game could be hottest in recent memory
- Daily Nebraskan | Nebraska football’s preparation key to overcoming high temperatures, Buffalo on Saturday
- Lincoln Journal Star* | On radio, Frost says RB by committee likely to continue; updates facility project progress
- Husker247 | Frost talks RB starter, punt returner on Sports Nightly
- Hail Varsity | Frost Talks Running Backs, Punt Return and More on Monthly Radio Show
- All Huskers | Stadium Bottle Policy Eased Due to Heat
- Lincoln Journal Star | Parker Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Parker Gabriel Two-Minute Drill