Defense and special teams were the focus of discussion after Monday's Nebraska football practice, and battles continue at the cornerback spot opposite Cam Taylor-Britt and at a few specialist positions.
Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander said sophomore cornerbacks Quinton Newsome, Braxton Clark and Tyreke Johnson are all getting reps with the No. 1 defense.
"That position has got to shake out a little bit for us," Chinander said.
Likewise, special teams coordinator Mike Dawson said the No. 1 punter, return man and kickoff specialist have yet to be determined.
Inside linebackers coach Barrett Ruud said work continues on avoiding penalties and making the Huskers more disciplined. “When you let little things slide," he said, "that’s when they show up.”
Refresh this page for the latest additions, and follow the HuskerMax discussion here.
- Lincoln Journal Star | Red Report: Sophomore trio fighting for CB spot; NU showing physicality on offense; 'good-on-good' in practice
- Omaha World Herald | Huskers aim to solidify depth chart this week before advancing to Illinois prep
- Husker247 | Quick Hits: Special teams diligence, backup backers and more
- Nebraska Athletics | Chinander Explains Defensive Priorities
- Hail Varsity | Huskers Turn Attention to Illinois Game Prep in Last Week of Fall Camp
- Lincoln Journal Star | Isaac Gifford knows what his role looks like for 2021: 'Special teams is going to be huge'
- Husker247 | Gifford sees role growing in second year at Nebraska
- Omaha World-Herald | Transitioning to college football can be a struggle, even for Nebraska's top recruits
- Omaha World-Herald | Notes: D-lineman Ty Robinson adds mental strength to physical prowess
- HuskerOnline | As game week nears, No. 2 CB job remains up for grabs
- KMTV | Blackshirts have noticed Husker offense's commitment to downhill running game
- Omaha World-Herald | Special teams are 'way different,' Huskers say: 'Everybody's bringing it' and having fun
- Lincoln Journal Star | Freshman OLB Ho'ohuli trying to get up to speed after long layoff from football
- Lincoln Journal Star | Chinander says pass rush is 'much improved' and addresses several other topics
- Lincoln Journal Star | How Garrett Snodgrass' progress, special teams work factors into Huskers' depth at ILB
- HuskerOnline | Isaac Gifford making sure Huskers can't keep him off the field in 2021
- Husker247 | Dawson said Husker players 'working their butts off' on special teams
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Four Downs
- Hail Varsity | Sorensen/Smith
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
- HuskerOnline | Sean Callahan
Erik Chinander, Braxton Clark, Ben Stille