Slowing Michigan's running game and controlling sack artist Aidan Hutchinson will be top priorities for the Huskers against the Wolverines.
Hutchinson has six tackles for loss, including 5½ sacks, through the Wolverines' first five games.
"He's explosive, strong and we have to be aware of where he is at all times," Nebraska offensive coordinator Matt Lubick said after Tuesday's practice.
On the other side of the ball, defensive coordinator Erik Chinander said slowing down Michigan's conference-leading run game will be essential. In addition to being big and physical on the line, Chinander said, the Wolverines "do a lot of multiple motions, multiple formations, and they're really good at the runs they have."
Lubick said freshman tight end Thomas Fidone returned to practice this week for the first time since his injury in the spring, but when he might see game hasn't been determined.
Refresh this page to be sure you're seeing the latest additions. Go here for the HuskerMax conversation. Asterisk indicates item may require subscription.
- Husker247 | Austin goes in depth on Husker O-line change-up
- Husker247 | Tight end Thomas Fidone returns to practice
- Husker247 | Husker coordinator conversations: 'Pressure is a privilege'
- Hail Varsity | Lubick, Chinander Discuss Michigan Matchup, Fidone Injury Update and More
- Nebraska Athletics | Lubick Talks Big Plays, Offensive Line Before Michigan
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Can Jaquez Yant be a difference-maker for the Huskers in the second half? 'That's what we're working on'
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Fidone participating in practice; Austin on adversity; backups staying with it; The Chancellor
- Lincoln Journal Star* | How understanding 'assets and liabilities' has propelled Nebraska's linebacking corps in 2021
- Omaha World-Herald* | This week the Huskers will admit their opponent isn't nameless or faceless
- Omaha World-Herald* | Husker tight end Thomas Fidone returns to practice after knee injury in spring
- Omaha World-Herald* | New starters on O-line could be key to Nebraska's success going forward
- Omaha World-Herald* | Husker notes: Life lessons on the O-line; Pressure is a privilege for Blackshirts
- Omaha World-Herald* | Shatel: The best Husker traditions start with winning
- Hail Varsity | Sorensen/Smith
- Omaha World-Herald | Bland/Watkins
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
- HuskerOnline | Sean Callahan
From the other side
- Wolverines Wire | Why Kirk Herbstreit says Michigan football looks like a different team
- Detroit News* | UM's defensive mindset is simple: Make things complex for opponent
- 247Sports | Wolverines star Aidan Hutchinson challenged teammates after practice, Jim Harbaugh says
- Detroit Free Press* | What U-M must do to contain shifty Nebraska QB Adrian Martinez
- MLive.com* | ‘Best QB we’ve seen.’ Michigan preps for Adrian Martinez, Nebraska’s pesky option offense