Jordan Larson delivered the winning kill as she and two other former Huskers, Justine Wong-Orantes and Kelsey Robinson, won gold with Team USA at the Tokyo Olympics.
The U.S. swept Brazil in the title match and won gold for the first time ever. Larson, a three-time Olympian, was captain of the U.S. team and was was named the Olympic Most Valuable Player.
"I'm now in kind of this euphoria, a state of shock," Larson said afterward. She now has gold, silver (2012) and bronze (2016) medals to show for her Olympic efforts.
Outside hitter Larson was joined by libero Wong-Orantes on the Olympic all-tournament Dream Team. Team USA members were named to five of the seven slots.
Go here for video highlights, and scroll down for links to coverage.
- Associated Press | U.S. women top Brazil to capture first Olympic volleyball gold
- Nebraska Athletics | Husker Volleyball Trio Captures Historic Gold in Tokyo
- USA Volleyball | Gold at Last! U.S. Women Beat Brazil
- Omaha World-Herald | Big Red trio of Larson, Wong-Orantes, Robinson help USA volleyball net Olympic gold
- Lincoln Journal Star | MVP Larson leads Husker trio, Team USA to women's volleyball gold medal