WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — Monday is going to be a historic day at Purdue, where the 8-0 Boilermakers are going to become the No, 1-ranked team in the country for the first time in school history later this afternoon.
For all of the great teams that Purdue has had through the years, none of them have been ranked No. 1. Many have made it to No. 2, but never the top spot. That's going to change around Noon ET on Monday when this week's Associated Press top-25 comes out.
We'll talk about the new ranking and Friday night's Big Ten victory over Iowa. We'll also chat about the week ahead, with a Big Ten road trip to Rutgers on Thursday and a game with N.C. State of the ACC on Sunday in Brooklyn, N.Y. as part of the Hall of Fame Invitational. Purdue is already 2-0 against ACC teams this season, having beaten North Carolina and Florida State.
Come on out and grab a bite to eat and enjoy the entertaining 30-minute show. It starts at 7 p.m. ET.
And if you're planning ahead, the final podcast of 2021 will be on Wednesday, Dec. 15, where we'll look back at this week's games and preview the final rendition of the Crossroads Classic in Indianapolis, where Purdue will play Butler in the 10th and final season of the event that also features Indiana and Notre Dame.
The Sasha Live! podcast can also be watched online on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Here's how to watch the show:
Sasha Live! on Facebook
- On Facebook, simply LIKE our Sports Illustrated Purdue page. A few hours before the show, there will be a link on the page to watch live. Liking the page is a good thing to do anyway, because we post all of our Purdue basketball and football stories there as well. To like the Facebook page, CLICK HERE
Sasha Live! on Twitter
- On Twitter, simply FOLLOW our Sports Illustrated Purdue account. When the show goes live, it will appear right there on the account and you can click it on. We also post all of our basketball and football stories there, too. To follow us on Twitter, CLICK HERE
Sasha Live! on YouTube
- On YouTube, Boilermakers Country publisher Tom Brew has one page — for the moment — for all of his podcasts, including the Mike & Micah Podcast, the Big Ten Roundtable Podcast and the FastBreak on FanNation NBA podcasts. We'll start there with showing Sasha Live! each night, and we'll repackage them with Apple and Spotify and others once the podcast content gets approved. But for now, to watch on YouTube, simply CLICK HERE
Watch Episode 5 of Sasha Live! podcast with guest Jaden Ivey
Related stories on Purdue basketball
- BOILERS TOP IOWA: Even though Purdue let most of a big second-half lead slip away, the Boilermakers hung on to beat Iowa 77-70 on Friday night in their Big Ten regular season opener. CLICK HERE
- SURVIVING IOWA PRESS: Purdue struggled with Iowa's full-court pressure down the stretch, turning the ball over too much and allowing the Hawkeyes to get back in the game. An issue to be concerned with? CLICK HERE
- LIVE BLOG: Relive the Boilermakers' win over Iowa in real time, with news and views from the game as it happened. CLICK HERE
- JADEN IVEY INTERVIEW: Here are the highlights of what Boilermakers star Jaden Ivey said during Episode 5 of the Sasha Live! podcast last Wednesday. CLICK HERE