MIAMI, Fl- Fans are in for an incredible ending to an unusual college football season. As No. 7 North Carolina seniors travel their last seasonal game against No. 10 Miami, they're reminded that this isn't the end; The Tar Heels are expected to play a post season bowl game.
UNC and Miami have met every season since the Hurricanes joined the Atlantic Coast Conference in 2004. UNC improved to 11-10 against Miami with a thrilling 28-25 victory in Chapel Hill last year. Sam Howell found Dazz Newsome just inside the end zone for the go-ahead touchdown with 1:01 left to help UNC rally for the win.
UNC head coach Mack Brown is 1-0 against Miami. Last season in the home opener, Carolina won 28-25 on Sept. 7, 2019 in the first game for Brown in Chapel Hill since he left for Texas in 1997.
- Tomari Fox is down with an apparent injury after D'Eriq King rushed for 5 yards; He was tackled by Chazz Surratt.
- Miami scores the first points of the Afternoon. Jose Borregales kick is good. Miami leads, 3-0.
- Call is reversed! North Carolina scores a two yard rush by Javonte Williams. This will be Williams 20th touchdown of the season. North Carolina leads Miami, 7-3.
- Sam Howell with a nice throw to Dyami Brown for 14 yards.
- North Carolina continues to move the ball but UNC calls a timeout.
- Javonte Williams with his second touchdown of the game. The Heels lead, 14-3.
- North Carolina doesn't stop! Running Back Michael Carter scores his first touchdown for the game, 21-3 Heels.
- Javonte Williams with a crazy 65 yard rush!
- North Carolina kicks for the extra points, 24-3.
- According to Gregory Hall, Dyami Brown is the first-ever Tar Heel to record two 1,000 yard seasons as a receiver.
- Michael Carter scores again after dodging the referee giving the Heels a 28 point lead in the second quarter, 31-3.
- The kick is good! UNC, 34-3
- Miami's king completes a pass to Harley for a touchdown. The Heels still control the game, 34-10.
- Sam Howell with the sneak! North Carolina ups their lead to 41-10. A 7.5 minute drive to open up the half.
- Miami answers back with a touchdown of their own. A 76 yard reception by Jordan. UNC, 41-16. The 2-yd attempt is good, Miami tries to close the gap, 41-18.
- UNC's Atkins misses the FG.
- INT by freshman Tony Grimes!
- Michael Carter explodes out the pocket with a 58 yards rush.
- Groves makes a compete pass to Howell in the end zone. The Heels increase their lead, 48-18.
- Harley catches a two yard touchdown from King. UNC still leads, 48-26.
- North Carolina doesn't take the foot off the gas. Javonte Williams scores his third touchdown of the game. Heels, 55-26.
- Heels score again with Williams quick stiff arm into the end zone, 62-26.
- And the kick is good! Heels continue to dominate, 67-26.
Carolina wraps it up in Miami with a dominating performance, 62-26. The Heels end the season on high-note of a season winning eight games of eleven. Sam Howell completes the games with 223 yards, 1 touchdown and had a 14-19 completion but lets not forget about the best running backs in college football : Javonte Williams finishes with 236 yards and 3 touchdowns and Michael Carter completes the game with 308 yards and 2 touchdowns.