Skip to main content

Jordan Addison, the No. 1 college football transfer, visiting USC

Jordan Addison, the consensus No. 1 ranked player in the college football transfer portal, is taking an official visit to USC this week, according to reports.

Addison is the reigning Biletnikoff Award winner as the most outstanding wide receiver in college football following a 100 catch, 1,593 yard season at Pittsburgh in which he led the nation with 17 touchdown receptions.

Pitt won the ACC championship a year ago in large part to Addison's production, which came in tandem with the record-breaking play of Heisman Trophy finalist quarterback Kenny Pickett.

Pickett left for the NFL and Pitt signed USC transfer quarterback Kedon Slovis, but that didn't prevent Addison from testing the waters in the transfer portal.

Addison has already taken a personal visit to Texas to meet with the staff of second-year Longhorns coach Steve Sarkisian.

That followed reports that the receiver worked out with current Alabama quarterback Bryce Young during a personal visit in California recently.

USC quickly emerged as the favorite landing spot for Addison entered the transfer portal. And not without controversy, as reports emerged that Pittsburgh officials had complained about possible tampering from USC's side.

ESPN reported that Pitt coach Pat Narduzzi had a contentious phone call with USC football coach Lincoln Riley about the wide receiver and alleged tampering.

On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine forecasts USC signing Addison with a runaway 96.1 percent chance, followed by Texas at 3.9 percent.

USC has dominated the transfer portal this season. College Football HQ ranks the Trojans as the consensus No. 1 transfer team in 2022 after signing blue-chip talent including quarterback Caleb Williams, wide receiver Mario Williams, and others.

(h/t Rivals)


Follow College Football HQ: Bookmark | Facebook | Twitter