Which contending teams will shake up their roster and make a deal before the trade deadline?
The MLB trade deadline is one week away as the second half of the season is underway.
The race to make moves before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline is on, and teams in the contention looking to pick up a big bat or solidify their starting rotation for a playoff run are making calls around the league.
The biggest name of the summer trade market is gone after All–Star shortstop Manny Machado was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers from the Orioles. But while that deal is complete, others are expected in the week ahead.
Plenty of speculation still surrounds the Orioles, as trade talks for pitcher Zach Britton continue to heat up.
The Reds are looking to trade pitcher Matt Harvey, and a few teams have asked about the righty.
Here is the latest news and rumors from around the league:
• The Padres have checked in on Noah Syndergaard as a possibility in their search for a starter. (Dennis Lin, The Athletic)
• The Yankees have agreed to a deal for Britton that includes multiple prospects. Those prospects are Dillon Tate, Josh Rogers and Cody Carroll. (Jon Heyman, FanCred Sports)
• The Giants are not looking to trade starter Madison Bumgarner but "would not dismiss" trading bullpen pitchers. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• The Blue Jays are "shopping players," including pitchers J.A. Happ and Marco Estrada, as well as infielder Yangervis Solarte. However, the Jays' asking price is "extremely high." (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Reds have made trading pitcher Matt Harvey their top priority. The Mariners and Brewers have made inquiries on Harvey. (Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com)
• The Astros, Cubs, and Yankees are each trying to acquire Orioles reliever Zach Britton. (Brittany Ghiroli, MLB.com)
• The Yankees and Astros are thought to be in the lead for Britton. (Jim Bowden, MLB Network)
• Twins third baseman Eduardo Escobar was removed from Monday's game early as he is on the trading block. (Jon Heyman, FanCred Sports)
• Cole Hamels of the Rangers is being pursued by the Braves and Nationals. Hamels was tagged for seven runs in five innings in a loss to the Oakland Athletics on Monday. (Jon Paul Morosi, MLB.com)
• The Rays have been getting calls on pitchers Chris Archer and Nathan Eovaldi. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• The Phillies has been talking to the Blue Jays about veteran Curtis Granderson. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Mets are receiving some interest in outfielder Jose Bautista and catcher Devin Mesoraco. (Mike Puma, New York Post)