Get the latest news, notes and trade rumors from MLB's Hot Stove.
The Winter Meetings are less than two weeks away, and it is expected that most of the blockbuster deals will occuring during the week in Las Vegas.
Teams are willing to offer big paydays for needed replacements and reinforcements, with Bryce Harper and Manny Machado expected to take home the largest paydays this offseason.
While waiting for those sluggers to come off the market, the starting pitching hot stove is heating up. The Yankees struck the biggest blow last week trading for Seattle Mariners starter James Paxton, and could look to add another starter or two to bolster their rotation.
Here's all of the latest rumors and transactions around baseball:
• The Nationals are in "serious discussions" with the Indians concerning a trade for catcher Yan Gomes. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Indians are discussing an extension with Carlos Carrasco. If he signs one, pitcher trade choices would come down to either Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer. Bauer has said he does not want to sign an extension but would rather go year-to-year. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Mets non-tendered Wilmer Flores. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• The Phillies are showing interest in a trade package for Jean Segura and Edwin Diaz from the Mariners. Philadelphia might still be interested in acquiring Segura alone if the Mets acquire Diaz with Robinson Cano. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Philadelphia is interested in acquiring both Segura and free-agent shortstop Manny Machado. They could ask one to play shortstop and one to play third base. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• Baseball executives are not counting out the Nationals as a possible choice to land free-agent pitcher Patrick Corbin. (Joel Sherman, New York Post)
• The Red will non-tender OF Billy Hamilton, sending him into free agency. (C. Trent Rosecrans, The Athletic)
• The White Sox will non-tender INF Matt Davidson. (Jeff Passan, Yahoo Sports)
• The Chicago Cubs tendered a contract to SS Addison Russell amid a 40-game suspension for domestic violence. (Chicago Cubs)
• The Mets are "optimistic" that they have the prospect depth and payroll flexibility to pursue a trade for Indians catcher Yan Gomes, even if they complete a trade for Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz with the Mariners. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• Seattle traded RHP Alex Colome to the White Sox in exchange for catcher Omar Narvaez. Colome was one of two Mariners players eligible for arbitration. (Seattle Mariners)
• The Red Sox and Astros are seen as the top two contenders for free-agent pitcher Nathan Eovaldi. Other teams still remain in the mix. (Mark Feinsand, MLB.com)
• Cleveland is "much more inclined" to trade Trevor Bauer than Corey Kluber or Carlos Carrasco. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• The Cubs traded INF Tommy La Stella to the Angels for a player to be named later. (Team announcement)
• The Reds "would love to bring back" SP Matt Harvey in free agency. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• Milwaukee will non-tender 2B Jonathan Schoop, making him a free agent (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Astros are targeting a starting catcher, possibly pursuing J.T. Realmuto or Jonathan Lucroy. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• The Nationals are interested in catcher Yasmani Grandal. (Jon Heyman, Fancred)
• The Astros are "showing continued interest" in Nathan Eovaldi. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• Closer Craig Kimbrel is seeking a six-year deal in free agency. (Buster Olney, ESPN)
• The Reds are exploring the possibility of trading for Diamondbacks SP Zack Greinke. (Jon Morosi, MLB Network)
• The Mets and Dodgers are interested in trading for Indians catcher Yan Gomes. (Jon Morosi MLB Network)