Get the latest scoops, news and rumors as the MLB offseason heats up.
Now that the Winter Meetings are over, teams are continuing to make deals to try to improve their teams before catchers and pitchers report to spring training in about two months.
There was no activity with the two biggest free agents, Bryce Harper and Manny Machado, and so far the biggest signing of the offseason has gone to pitcher Patrick Corbin, who signed a six-year deal worth $140 million with the Washington Nationals.
Expect a flurry of activity before the end of the year.
Here are all the latest transactions and rumors around baseball:
• Phillies first baseman Rhys Hoskins is making himself available to speak to free agents interested in the club. Hoskins said he has expressed to Bryce Harper that he would chat with the free agent about the Phillies if he'd want to. Harper and Hoskins have the same agent. (Evan Macy, Philly Voice)
• The Phillies are scheduled to meet with Manny Machado on Thursday. Philadelphia and the Chicago White Sox are the two known teams interested in acquiring both Machado and outfielder Bryce Harper this offseason. Chances of a team signing both are considered remote. (Jon Heyman, Fancred/MLB Network)
• Several rival executives believe the Yankees want to trade third baseman Miguel Andújar. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• The Houston Astros have agreed to a two-year, $32 million contract with outfielder Michael Brantley. Brantley hit .309 with 17 homers and 76 RBIs in 2018 with the Cleveland Indians. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic).
• The Astros also have interest in signing designated hitter Nelson Cruz. (Bob Nightengale, USA Today)
• Miami Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto is being coveted by six to eight teams, including the Los Angeles Dodgers, San Diego Paders and Tampa Bay Rays. (Joe Frisaro, MLB.com)
• The Astros are of one the teams interested in acquiring Realmuto. Houston's top prospect, outfielder Kyle Tucker is a target for a potential deal. (Joe Frisaro, MLB.com)
• The Giants had "the most impressive presence" on-hand for shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's open workout on Tuesday, including general manager Farhan Zaidi and manager Bruce Bochy. (Jeff Passan, Yahoo)
• The Cubs have agreed to a deal with infielder Daniel Descalso. (Ken Rosenthal, The Athletic)
• Carlos Beltran is expected to join the Yankees as a special advisor to general manager Brian Cashman. Beltran was previously represented by Dan Lozano of MVP Sports Group, who currently represents free agent Manny Machado. (Mark Feisnand, MLB.com)
• Outfielder A.J. Pollock may not be a realistic option for the Mets to consider during free agency. General manager Brodie Van Wagenen said that catcher Wilson Ramos fills New York's need for a right-handed, middle-of-the-order bat. (Anthony DiComo, MLB.com)