ARLINGTON, TEXAS — It's the final day of the 2021 regular season. For all of you Texas Rangers fans that support our work here on SI's InsideTheRangers.com, we cannot thank you enough.
This year has not been easy for all parties involved. It's been a long season. But we strive to give you the absolute best Texas Rangers information and insight. All the kind words on social media make this job absolutely worth it. You are the real MVP.
Thank you for following along with us all season long. Don't go anywhere. This offseason is gonna be jam-packed, and we've got you covered.
Cleveland Indians (79-82) at Texas Rangers (60-101)
Sunday, October 3, 2021
2:05 PM CT
Globe Life Field | Arlington, TX
TEX: RHP Dane Dunning (5-9, 4.32 ERA)
CLE: RHP Aaron Civale (11-5, 4.03 ERA)
TV: Bally Sports Southwest
Radio: KRLD, KFLC
TV: Bally Sports Great Lakes
Radio: WTAM, WMMS
Texas Rangers Starting Lineup
- LF Willie Calhoun
- SS Isiah Kiner-Falefa
- RF Adolis García
- 1B Nathaniel Lowe
- 2B Andy Ibáñez
- CF DJ Peters
- DH Nick Solak
- C Jose Trevino
- 3B Yonny Hernandez
Report: Padres Considering Ron Washington As Manager
The San Diego Padres are looking for a new manager, and are reportedly considering another former member of the Texas Rangers organization.
Rangers History Today: American League Champions ... Again!
On this day, the Texas Rangers waved goodbye to the Detroit Tigers and punched their ticket to a second straight appearance in the World Series.
Rangers History Today: A Wild 7th Inning and ... a Bat Flip
On this day in 2015, the Texas Rangers took on the Toronto Blue Jays in Game 5 of the ALDS, one of the postseason's most bizarre games.
Cleveland Indians Starting Lineup
- CF Myles Straw
- SS Amed Rosario
- 3B José Ramirez
- DH Franmil Reyes
- 1B Yu Chang
- RF Bradley Zimmer
- LF Oscar Mercado
- C Austin Hedges
- 2B Andrés Giménez
Rangers Roster Moves
- RHP Matt Bush activated from the 60-day Injured List
- RHP Glenn Otto optioned to Triple-A Round Rock
- LHP Wes Benjamin designated for assignment to make room on 40-man roster
"We appreciate everything this guy has done for the organization. He's put a ton of work in. It didn't work out the way he wanted obviously to start the year. But he's fought to get back. He wants to continue to pitch, but if this happens to be his last outing — I hope that's not the case — but if it is, we feel that's really important to get him back out on the mound at least one more time."
Rangers September/October Player of the Month
RHP Joe Barlow was selected as the Texas Rangers Player of the Month for September/October, as voted by the writers and broadcasters that cover the team on a regular basis.
Heading into Sunday's season finale, Barlow has a 2.38 ERA and .146 average against in 11 1/3 innings of work. The Rangers closer is also tied for the second-most saves in the American League during that stretch, converting 8-of-9 opportunities.
Rangers Injury Report
10-Day Injured List
60-Day Injured List
- Matt Bush (right flexor strain): Bush is currently on a rehab assignment with Triple-A Round Rock.
- Kyle Cody (right shoulder surgery): Cody underwent labral debridement surgery on his shoulder on September 29. The hope is he's ready for the second half of the 2022 season.
- Ronald Guzmán (torn meniscus in right knee): Guzmán underwent successful season-ending knee surgery on April 28. He's been taking part in baseball activity, and could start hitting during batting practice soon.
- Jonathan Hernández (Tommy John surgery): Hernández underwent Tommy John surgery on April 12, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He is set to begin throwing out October 11 and is expected to return to big league games in June 2022.
- John King (left shoulder inflammation): King underwent thoracic outlet surgery on September 17. He is expected to be ready for spring training.
- José Leclerc (Tommy John surgery): Leclerc underwent successful Tommy John surgery on March 31, which was performed by team physician Dr. Keith Meister. He will be sidelined for approximately 12-14 months. Leclerc and Jonathan Hernández have been rehabbing together.
- Nick Snyder (right shoulder fatigue): The Rangers did not find any structural damage in Snyder's shoulder, but he is out for the remainder of the season.
- Eli White (right elbow strain): White underwent surgery on September 15 to repair the UCL in his right elbow. The internal brace procedure was performed by team physician, Dr. Keith Meister. Recovery time is expected to be approximately six months. The Rangers expect him to be ready for the latter portion of spring training.
- Hunter Wood (right UCL sprain): Wood underwent surgery on June 28 on his right elbow in Arlington. Dr. Keith Meister inserted an internal brace in the elbow. Wood is expected to be sidelined for a minimum of eight months
Additional injury note: Sherten Apostel had surgery to repair cartilage in his knee. Like John King, he should also be ready for spring training.
More From SI's Inside The Rangers:
- Jordan Lyles Dominates As Rangers Notch 60th Win
- After Painful Season, Do Rangers Need Roster Overhaul?
- Rangers Announce 2021 Minor League Award Winners
Make Sure To Like 'Inside The Rangers' on Facebook