Latest news from the NFL off-season and more.
By Matt Connolly, Chat Sports
With the NFL draft closing in, teams are in a frenzy trying to move up to get the prospects they desire. Meanwhile, the New York Jets continue to search for a starting quarterback, while former Cleveland Browns signal-caller Johnny Manziel has put himself in the headlines yet again.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• There’s a greater than 50% chance the Cleveland Browns trade the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, reports the MMQB’s Peter King.
• The terms of a rumored deal between the Browns and the Philadelphia Eagles are not accurate, reports ESPN’s Adam Schefter. He added that there are “issues between the teams.”
• The Buffalo Bills have emerged as another potential suitor for the Browns’ top pick. General Manager Doug Whaley said his team is “open to do anything” when it comes to the draft.
• The San Diego Chargers are also receiving phone calls about the No. 3 pick in the draft, reports to the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Brian Hoyer, who visited the Jets on Tuesday, is expected to make a decision soon, reports ESPN’s Adam Caplan. Four to five teams are reported to be interested in the quarterback.
• Johnny Manziel claims he is focused on playing in the NFL this year. The quarterback has lost both his agent and his Nike sponsorship over the past week.
• NBA journeyman Nate Robinson, who played cornerback at the University of Washington, is interested in playing in the NFL, reports Kevin Pelton of ESPN.