Georgia football hasn't shied away from scheduling Power-5 competition in recent years.
The Bulldogs have games against Clemson, UCLA, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Florida State scheduled during the next 12 seasons. As of Wednesday, the Lousiville Cardinals can be added to that list.
Georgia announced Wednesday that it will have a home-and-home series with Louisville scheduled for 2026 and 2027. Those two meetings already have dates. The Bulldogs and Cardinals will play in Week 3 of each season (Sept. 19, 2026 and Sept. 18, 2027.
Georgia and Louisville have played only once in the long history of both programs. That meeting was the 2014 Belk Bowl, which the Bulldogs won 37-14. Nick Chubb rushed for 269 yards that day against the Todd Grantham-led defense.
Future Power-5 Opponents
*Georgia still plays Georgia Tech at the end of every regular season
- September 4, 2021: Clemson (Charlotte)
- September 3, 2022: Oregon (Atlanta)
- September 9, 2023: at Oklahoma
- August 31, 2024: Clemson (Atlanta)
- August 30, 2025: at UCLA
- September 9, 2026: UCLA
- September 19, 2026: at Louisville
- September 4, 2027: at Florida State
- September 18, 2027: Louisville
- September 2, 2028: at Texas
- September 16, 2028: Florida State
- September 1, 2029: Texas
- September 15, 2029: at Clemson
- August 31, 2030: Clemson
- September 14, 2030: Ohio State
- August 30, 2031: at Ohio State
- September 13, 2031: Oklahoma
- September 4, 2032: Clemson
- September 3, 2033: at Clemson
You May Also Like
Join the community
Follow Brooks Austin on Twitter: @BrooksAustinSI
Follow Kyle Funderburk on Twitter: @DKFunderburk
You can follow us for future coverage by clicking "Follow" on the top right-hand corner of the page. Also, be sure to like us on Facebook @BulldogMaven & follow us on Twitter at @BulldogsSI.