Sources: Bob Knight Will Be In Assembly Hall Saturday vs. Purdue
- MONDAY UPDATE: For the players who couldn't be there, they still have Bob Knight stories to tell. CLICK HERE
- SUNDAY UPDATE: What the day meant for his former players. CLICK HERE
- REUNION STORY: Bob Knight's return to Indiana's Assembly Hall on Saturday was a lovefest 20 years in the making. CLICK HERE
- PATRICK KNIGHT TALKS ABOUT HIS DAD: He loved returning to Assembly Hall with his father, Bob Knight, on Saturday. CLICK HERE
- SATURDAY UPDATE: BOB KNIGHT WATCH: Follow this LIVE THREAD to keep up with all the current activities with Bob Knight today. CLICK HERE
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Multiple sources have confirmed to me that former Indiana basketball coach Bob Knight will indeed return to Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall on Saturday when Indiana takes on Purdue.
The former Indiana coach, who was fired in 2000 after 29 years and three national championships, has not stepped foot in the building where he became a coaching legend in those two decades since.
Knight moved back to Bloomington last year, and he has been seen around town many times since then. But despite much conjecture on several occasions, he has never returned for a game at Assembly Hall.
Former Boilermakers coach Gene Keady will be at the game against the Hoosiers as well. The 1980 Indiana team that won the Big Ten championship with Mike Woodson and Isiah Thomas and was coached by Knight is being honored at halftime, and several players from other great Knight teams are in town for the event.
Indiana fans have been waiting for Knight to return to Assembly Hall for all of this time, but his frosty relationship with the school after his firing has been too much to overcome. At long last, that frostiness is finally starting to thaw.
Saturday’s game starts at 2 p.m. ET. The game is being televised by ESPN
- Breaking down Indiana vs. Purdue: The story behind the up-and down Purdue Boilermakers CLICK HERE
- What Archie Miller said about Purdue: IU's coach has a lot of respect for the Boilermakers' big men. CLICK HERE
- Indiana's 1980 team: People forget how great they really were. CLICK HERE
- Follow Tom Brew on Twitter @tombrewsports
- Like our Indiana page on Facebook at Facebook.com/SportsIllustratedIndiana