The No. 3 Ohio State Buckeyes started the season looking a little shaky during the first half against Minnesota last week, ultimately settling in and cruising to a 45-31 victory in week one.
Week two wasn't as kind to the Buckeyes.
After another shaky performance against the No. 12 Oregon Ducks, the Buckeyes suffered their first loss of the young 2021 season by a score of 35-28
Losing is one thing, but the Buckeyes looked absolutely helpless all afternoon against the high-powered offense of Oregon. The Ducks seemingly moved the ball at will against a defense that was considered to be one of the best in college football, racking up 505 total yards of offense.
Offensively, Ohio State missed on multiple scoring opportunities that could have kept the game closer. Though redshirt freshman quarterback CJ Stroud had another impressive outing, his 472 yards and 3 touchdowns through the air wouldn't be enough.
There's no doubt that the loss will gain the attention of college football fans all across the country, particularly those who call the Big Ten "home".
Oh, and then there's this:
Here's a look at the full slate of Big Ten games for week two:
- 11:00 am: Illinois at Virginia
- 12:00 pm: Miami (Ohio) at Minnesota
- 12:00 pm: Indiana State at Northwestern
- 12:00 pm: Youngstown State at Michigan State
- 12:00 pm: No. 12 Oregon at No. 3 Ohio State
- 2:00 pm: Rutgers at Syracuse
- 3:00 pm: Purdue at UConn
- 3:30 pm: Buffalo at Nebraska
- 3:30 pm: Ball State at No. 11 Penn State
- 4:30 pm: No. 10 Iowa at No. 9 Iowa State
- 7:00 pm: Eastern Michigan at No. 18 Wisconsin
- 7:30 pm: Idaho at Indiana
- 7:30 pm: Howard at Maryland
- 8:00 pm: Washington at Michigan