EAST LANSING – Michigan State basketball hits the road, traveling to Maryland on Sunday, Feb. 28.
It's the third of six contests in 13 days for MSU after a COVID-19 outbreak caused multiple postponements; the Spartans are making them up in the final two weeks.
Michigan State is coming off a 71-67 win over No. 4 Ohio State, putting them on the NCAA tournament bubble.
Following back-to-back top-5 victories, the Spartans are one of 15 teams with five Quadrant 1 wins.
"I didn't think it was the best we played; it was one of the more physical games we've played in," MSU coach Tom Izzo said. "We have a very short turnaround again … we're focusing in on Maryland."
The Terrapins have won four of their last five contests, including a 68-59 win against Rutgers on Feb. 21. Maryland enters the game 14-10 overall and 8-9 in the conference, whereas Michigan State, the winners of three straight, are 13-9.
How to Watch
- Where: Xfinity Center
- When: Sunday, February 28, at 2 p.m.
- Announcers: Kevin Harlan & Dan Bonner
- My Bookie: MSU is a 3-point underdog.
- Sky Book: MSU is a 3-point underdog.
- Pinnacle: MSU is a 3-point underdog.
- BookMaker: MSU is a 3-point underdog.
Last Five Games
- Feb 29, 2020: MSU vs. Maryland, W 78-66
- Feb 15, 2020: MSU vs. Maryland, L 60-67
- Jan 21, 2019: MSU vs. Maryland, W 69-55
- Jan 28, 2018: MSU vs. Maryland, W 74-68
- Jan 4, 2018: MSU vs. Maryland, W 91-61
- Michigan State leads the all-time series, 10-6.
- MSU has won seven out of the last nine games against Maryland.
- Tom Izzo is 9-6 in his career vs. the Terps.
- The Spartans have won the previous two games played at Maryland.
Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1