EAST LANSING – Following Michigan State's final spring practice, two players felt it was time for something new.
Redshirt freshman kicker Jack Olsen entered the transfer portal, a team spokesperson confirmed on Sunday afternoon.
Olsen joins redshirt freshman offensive lineman Justin Stevens as the second Spartan to enter the portal after 6,000 fans showed up in East Lansing.
The Illinois native signed with MSU's 2020 recruiting class as an early enrollee but didn't appear in a game last season.
Olsen arrived on campus as the second-best kicker in the nation by Chris Sailer Kicking; however, Matt Coghlin's return affected his ability to earn playing time.
The four-year starter took advantage of the extra eligibility courtesy of the NCAA due to COVID-19. He ranks second in school history in field goals made, third in attempts, fourth in field goal percentage, and fifth in points.
Olsen is the 19th Michigan State football player to enter the portal since mid-November.
Spartans Who Have Entered the Transfer Portal
- QB Rocky Lombardi (Northern Illinois)
- RB Anthony Williams Jr. (Akron)
- WR Tre'Von Morgan (Kentucky)
- WR Javez Alexander
- OL Devontae Dobbs (Memphis)
- OL Justin Stevens
- CB/WR Julian Barnett (Memphis)
- CB Davion Williams (Western Kentucky)
- CB Chris Jackson (Washington State)
- S Dominique Long
- LB Jeslord Boateng (Akron)
- LB Marcel Lewis (Central Michigan)
- LB Luke Fulton (Kentucky)
- LB Charles Willekes (Arkansas State)
- FB/TE Max Rosenthal (Illinois)
- RB/WR Andre Welch
- LS Jude Pedrozo
- K Jack Olsen
- P Jack Bouwmeester
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1