East Lansing, Mich. – Michigan State football added another player to its 2021 roster on Thursday afternoon.
Cody Waddell, a former Texas Tech punter, committed to the Spartans via Twitter, thanking coach Mel Tucker and special teams coordinator/linebackers coach Ross Els.
Before serving as a backup punter for the Red Raiders, which led to him entering the transfer portal, Waddell was the starting punter, kick-off specialist, and place kicker for Lincoln University (Division II).
In two seasons at Lincoln, Waddell averaged 36.7 points per punt and featured a career-long punt of 70 yards.
Waddell, a graduate of Northeast High School, will compete alongside redshirt senior walk-on Bryce Baringer while adding much-needed depth.
2021 Michigan State Incoming Transfers
- QB Anthony Russo (Temple)
- RB Harold Joiner III (Auburn)
- RB Kenneth Walker III (Wake Forest)
- WR Christian Fitzpatrick (Louisville)
- WR Maliq Carr (Purdue)
- TE Powers Warren (Mississippi State)
- OT Jarrett Horst (Arkansas State)
- DE Drew Jordan (Duke)
- DB Spencer Rowland (Wheaton College)
- S Kendall Brooks (North Greenville)
- CB Chester Kimbrough (Florida)
- CB Marqui Lowery Jr. (Louisville)
- CB Khary Crump (Arizona)
- CB Ronald Williams (Alabama)
- LB Ben VanSumeren (Michigan)
- LB Itayvion Brown (Minnesota)
- LB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee)
- LB Samih Beydoun (Army Prep)
- P Cody Waddell (Texas Tech)
Please make sure you tell us your thoughts when you like our Facebook Page WHEN YOU CLICK RIGHT HERE.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1