Michigan State football offered Cole Martin, an unranked ATH for the class of 2023, and the son of former Spartan wide receiver/defensive back Demetrice Martin.
Martin played at MSU for four years (1992-95), serving as a wideout and cornerback where he earned First-Team All-Big Ten honors in 1994 and led the conference in interceptions (7).
He began his coaching career in 1999 and has made stops at USC, Washington, UCLA, and Arizona.
The 47-year old is currently the assistant/cornerbacks coach at Colorado University – he joined the staff on March 1, 2020.
The Buffaloes are also pursuing his son, Cole Martin.
The 5-10, 175-pound Arizona native holds offers from Arizona State, Colorado, Florida Atlantic, Iowa State, LSU, Kansas, Oregon, Texas, and USC.
Martin plays for Hamilton high school, and according to 247Sports, he isn't currently ranked.
2021 Michigan State Commits
- East Lansing (Mich.) High 3-star offensive tackle Ethan Boyd
- Warren Mott (Mich.) High 3-star strong-side defensive end Tyson Watson
- Venice (Fla.) High 3-star cornerback Charles Brantley
- Glenville (Ohio) High 3-star safety Michael Gravely
- All Saints Episcopal (Texas) High 3-star quarterback Hampton Fay
- Loyola (Mich.) High 3-star defensive tackle Derrick Harmon
- DeMatha Catholic (Md.) High 3-star cornerback Antoine Booth
- Oak Park (Mich.) High 3-star running back Davion Primm
- North Forney (Texas) High 3-star tight end Kameron Allen
- IMG Academy (Fla.) High 3-star tight end Jake Renda
- Hun School (N.J.) High 3-star offensive guard Kevin Wigenton
- ProKick Australia unranked punter Mark Vassett
Tell us what you think in the comment section below.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1