East Lansing, Mich. – Michigan State football is closing in on a top prospect from the 2022 recruiting class.
Omar Cooper Jr., a four-star wide receiver, listed the Spartans in his top-10 schools alongside Wisconsin, Purdue, Minnesota, West Virginia, Cincinnati, Indiana, Missouri, Virginia Tech, and Illinois.
At 6-foot-1 and 170-pounds, he is the No. 5 recruit in Indiana and listed as the No. 29 wideout in his respective class.
The Spartans 2022 class is 39th nationally and eighth in the Big Ten, with an average rating of 0.8556.
MSU features five verbal commits, including safety Malik Spencer, athlete Tyrell Henry, guard Kristian Phillips, guard Gavin Broscious, and tackle Ashton Lepo.
By The Numbers
- 2019: 53 receptions, 1,024 yards, 13 touchdowns
- 2020: 38 receptions, 1,101 yards, 14 touchdowns
2021 Michigan State Signees
- East Lansing (Mich.) High 3-star offensive tackle Ethan Boyd
- St. Joseph Regional (NJ) High 3-star offensive guard Geno VanDeMark
- Independence CC (KS) 3-star offensive tackle Brandon Baldwin
- Warren Mott (Mich.) High 3-star strong-side defensive end Tyson Watson
- Venice (Fla.) High 3-star cornerback Charles Brantley
- Glenville (Ohio) High 3-star safety Michael Gravely
- Archbishop Hoban (Ohio) High 3-star safety AJ Kirk
- All Saints Episcopal (Texas) High 3-star quarterback Hampton Fay
- Loyola (Mich.) High 3-star defensive tackle Derrick Harmon
- Pearl-Cohn (TN.) High 3-star defensive end Alex Okelo
- DeMatha Catholic (Md.) High 3-star cornerback Antoine Booth
- Opelousas (LA) Catholic School 4-star wide receiver Keon Coleman
- Oak Park (Mich.) High 3-star running back Davion Primm
- Florence (AL) High 3-star outside linebacker Carson Casteel
- North Forney (Texas) High 3-star tight end Kameron Allen
- Hun School (NJ) High 3-star offensive guard Kevin Wigenton
- Bishop Gorman (NV) High 4-star outside linebacker Ma'a Gaoteote
- Chandler (AZ) High 2-star long snapper Hank Pepper
- Norwalk (Ohio) High 5-star kicker Garrison Smith
2021 Michigan State Incoming Transfers
- QB Anthony Russo (Temple)
- RB Harold Joiner III (Auburn)
- RB Kenneth Walker III (Wake Forest)
- WR Christian Fitzpatrick (Louisville)
- WR Maliq Carr (Purdue)
- TE Powers Warren (Mississippi State)
- OT Jarrett Horst (Arkansas State)
- DE Drew Jordan (Duke)
- DB Spencer Rowland (Wheaton College)
- S Kendall Brooks (North Greenville)
- CB Chester Kimbrough (Florida)
- CB Marqui Lowery Jr. (Louisville)
- CB Khary Crump (Arizona)
- CB Ronald Williams (Alabama)
- LB Ben VanSumeren (Michigan)
- LB Itayvion Brown (Minnesota)
- LB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee)
- LB Samih Beydoun (Army Prep)
Please make sure you tell us your thoughts when you like our Facebook Page WHEN YOU CLICK RIGHT HERE.
Want the latest breaking MSU news delivered straight to your email for FREE? Sign up for the DAILY Spartan Nation newsletter when you CLICK THE MAGAZINE ICON at the top left of the page or the FOLLOW button back on the main page. Don't miss any of the latest up to the second updates on Michigan State Sports when you follow on Twitter @HondoCarpenter @McLainGrant1