- The Trio of Spartans for the Lions- Drew Stanton, Dave Rayner, and Julian Peterson- helped Detriot overcome the Packers, 7-3. Stanton made his second straight start at quarterback, throwing for 117 yards while completing 10 of 22 passes. He also had two interceptions and connected with Will Heller on the only touchdown of the day- a 13 yard pass in the 4th quarter. Stanton also rushed four times for 44 yards. Rayner missed his lone field goal attempt from 48 yards out. Peterson racked up four tackles, three assists, and a tackle for loss in the win.
- The Broncos defense, with Spartans starting at defensive tackle (Kevin Vickerson) and safety (Renaldo Hill), could not contain the Cardinalsâ€™ offense; Denver suffered a 43-13 defeat. Vickerson had five tackles and Hill had four tackles as well as a pass defensed in the game.
- Blair White once again saw extensive time for the Colts at wide out, catching seven passes for 52 yards in a 30-28 victory over the Titans. Javon Ringer rushed two times for ten yards and caught one pass for eight yards for the Titans.
- In a close 10-6 Dolphins triumph over the Jets, punter Brandon Fields was instrumental in helping Miami win the field position game. Fields averaged 56.4 yards on ten punts, with a long of 69. Jets starting safety Eric Smith recorded four tackles and a special teams tackle in the contest.
- Panthers center Chris Morris was inactive in a 31-10 loss to the Falcons.
- Starting tight end Chris Baker hauled in one pass for fifteen yards in a 40-21 defeat at the hands of the 49ers.
- Flozell Adams and the Steelers chewed up and spit out the division-rival Bengals, 23-7. Adams started at right tackle for Pittsburgh while both DT Domato Peko an C Kyle Cook started for Cincinnatti. Peko picked up three tackles, two assists, and one tackle for loss.
- The Chargers, with Ogemdi Nwagbuo seeing time at defensive tackle, shut the Chiefs out, 31-0. Nwagbuo notched two tackles, an assist, a quarterback hit, and an assist on a sack for San Diego.
- Defensive back Jeremy Ware was not active for his teamâ€™s 38-31 loss to the Jaguars.
- Continuing a five game win streak, the Patriots trounced the Bears, 36-7. Kellen Davis appeared at tight end for the Bears, but recorded no stats. Brian Hoyer saw time at quarterback for New England, but had no official stats besides three kneel-downs. Chicago defensive end Ervin Baldwin remains on his teamâ€™s practice squad.
- Jehuu Caulcrick was not active for the Billsâ€™ 13-6 win over the Browns.
- In a rescheduled game played at Ford Field, the Giants trampled the Vikings, 22-3. Wide out Devin Thomas recorded one special teams tackle for the Giants.
- Wide receiver Derrick Mason played a big part in the Ravensâ€™ 34-28 overtime triumph over the Texans. Mason hauled in six passes, two of which went for touchdowns from 9 and 26 yards out. Brandon McKinney saw time at defensive end for Baltimore in the thriller.
- Note: DB Ross Weaver remains on the Cowboysâ€™ practice squad.
Scroll to Continue