- The Terrific Trio of Spartans starred for the Lions, helping to end Detroitâ€™s 28 game losing streak on the road in a 23-20 triumph over the Buccaneers. Quarterback Drew Stanton was at the helm for the Lions, completing 23 of 37 passes for 252 yards and a touchdown for a 91.3 QB rating. Julian Peterson racked up eight tackles and an assist while starting at outside linebacker. Dave Rayner connected on three field goals (from 41, 28, and 34 yards out), including the game winner in overtime.
- The Bengals also snapped a long losing streak of ten games against the Browns. Both Kyle Cook (at center) and Domata Peko (at defensive tackle) started for the Bengals. Peko picked up two tackles and an assist in the victory.
- Seattle tight end Chris Baker played in a 34-18 loss at the hands of the Falcons, but did not record any stats.
- Spartan standout Derrick Mason reached the 700 yard mark with a forty-two yard catch- his only on the day- in the Ravensâ€™ 30-24 win over the Saints. Baltimore defensive end Brandon McKinney was inactive for the game.
- Yet again, Brandon Fields had a great day for the Dolphins. The Spartan alum booted three balls for an average of 46 yards, with a long of 62 yards. Bills running back Jehuu Caulcrick was not active for the game.
- Center Chris Morris was inactive for the Panthersâ€™ 19-12 victory over the Cardinals.
- Blair White caught one pass for sixteen yards in a critical 34-24 win over a fellow AFC South foe, the Jaguars.
- New England quarterback Brian Hoyer did not play in a 31-27 triumph over the Packers.
- The Steelers, with Flozell Adams at right tackle, found themselves on the losing end of a 22-17 game with the Jets. Free safety Eric Smith was not active for the Jets, forced to watch the action from the sidelines.
- Despite the best efforts of Spartan starters Renaldo Hill and Kevin Vickerson, Denver was unable to overcome the Raiders, as Oakland trumped the Broncos 39-23. Hill notched two tackles, an assist, a quarterback hit, and an interception while Vickerson had a tackle, a quarterback hit, and a pass defensed. Oakland defensive back Jeremy Ware was not active in his teamâ€™s win.
- Ogemdi Nwagbuo played at defensive tackle for the Chargers in a 34-7 Thursday night thumping of the 49ers.
- Titansâ€™ running back Javon Ringer rushed four times for 19 yards in a 31-17 triumph over the Texans.
- Devin Thomas of the Giants was inactive, as New York lost to the Eagles, 38-31.
- Tight end Kellen Davis of the Bears played in Chicagoâ€™s 40-14 pounding of the Vikings. Ervin Baldwin remains on the Bearsâ€™ practice squad.Â