Weekly Update of Your Spartans in the NFL
- In the Lionsâ€™ 37-25 win over the Redskins, linebacker Julian Peterson started- recording three tackles and an assist- and quarterback Drew Stanton did not play.
- Jets strong safety Eric Smith played in the Jetsâ€™ 9-0 loss to the Packers.
- Returning from an injury, Flozell Adams started for the Steelers in a 20-10 defeat at the hands of the defending Super Bowl champion Saints.
- The Panthers lost, 20-10, to the Rams while center Chris Morris and wide receiver Devin Thomas (on the Not Active list) watched from the sidelines.
- Three former Spartans saw the field in the Chargersâ€™ 33-25 victory over the Titans. Defensive tackle Ogemdi Nwagbuo (one tackle) and linebacker David Herron* (no stats) played for the Chargers. Javon Ringer picked up three yards on two rushes at running back for the Titans.
- Quarterback Brian Hoyer did not play for the Patriots in a 28-18 win over the Vikings.
- The Seattle Seahawks and former Spartan Chris Baker (who started at tight end and had a catch for five yards) destroyed the Oakland Raiders and fellow alum Jeremy Ware, 33-3. Ware had one tackle and a pass defensed in the game.
- In the 49ersâ€™ 24-16 triumph over the Broncos, two of the three former Spartans on the teamsâ€™ rosters were out for the game. Denver defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson was Not Active and San Francisco running back Jehuu Caulcrick was on the Practice Squad. Safety Renaldo Hill did start, however, recording two tackles in the game.
- The super Spartan duo on the Bengals, C Kyle Cook and DT Domato Peko, couldnâ€™t beat the Dolphins and fellow Spartan Brandon Fields. Both Bengals started (Peko also had an assist), while Fields had four punts for a 49.0 yard average. Miami won by the score of 22-14.
- Wide receiver Blair White saw significant time on special teams for the Colts in a 30-17 win over the Texans. White returned three punts for forty yards (a 13.3 yard average and also had a special teams tackle in the Monday night game.
- *Note: David Herron was signed by San Diego on October 26th.
- Note: Clifton Ryan of the Rams was assigned to the Injured Reserve by St. Louis for migraines.
Note: DE Ervin Baldwin (Bears), TE Kellen Davis (Bears), DE Brandon McKinney (Ravens), and WR Derrick Mason (Ravens) all had an off week in week number eight of the NFL season.Â