Quarterbacks were the center of attention Wednesday after Nebraska's fifth practice of spring.
Texas transfer Casey Thompson, No. 1 at the position entering spring ball, spent 11½ minutes at the podium after head coach Scott Frost spoke. Logan Smothers, Heinrich Haarberg and Chubba Purdy also fielded reporters' questions.
"I think Casey actually is doing the best at some of the new stuff, because everything's new to him," Frost said. "But it's a learning process for everybody."
Frost likes what he's been seeing from the offensive line under new coach Donovan Raiola.
"The first thing is they're just coming off the ball," Frost said "That's been something I've been frustrated with for a long time. Shoot, when I was playing here, guys looked like they were in 40-yard dashes when the ball was snapped. ... I think Donnie has done a good job with those guys' mentality and technique."
Much more from Wednesday's practice is in the links below. Refresh this page for the latest updates. Go here for the HuskerMax discussion. Asterisk indicates item may require a subscription.
- Husker247 | Brian Christopherson: Thompson's words on Husker NIL appeal grab your notice
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Steven M. Sipple: Thompson isn't Nebraska's starting QB quite yet; it just feels that way
- Omaha World-Herald* | Tom Shatel: Casey Thompson was waiting for his opportunity. Now he's ready to take it
- Frost hits on start to Husker spring ball
- QB Casey Thompson thrilled to be with Huskers after transfer from Texas
- Whipple: 'I'm more encouraged than I am discouraged'
- The QB run convo, Whip's work, and Frost's most telling comment
- Casey Thompson finding chemistry with his new Husker teammates
More non-subscription sources
- HuskerOnline | Thompson appears to have a strong grip on the QB job
- HuskerOnline | On-field experience, learning offenses gives Husker QB Thompson advantage
- Daily Nebraskan | Nebraska football quarterbacks give first statements on new offense
- Nebraska Athletics | Frost Discusses Spring Season Growth Within the Team
- Frost Talks Casey Thompson Impressing, Offensive Line 'Coming off the Ball' and More After Fifth Spring Practice
- Logan Smothers Embracing Competition at Nebraska, Where He ‘Wants to Be’
- Welcome to 'The Good Life': Casey Thompson Is Finding out What It's Like to Be a Quarterback at Nebraska
Lincoln Journal Star*
- Five practices into big project, Husker offense shows encouraging signs, but not enough 'synergy' yet
- Red Report: The position Frost says is 'obviously' improved; QB Purdy limited; recruiting staff shakeup
- Next mile-marker of spring football arrives Friday for Huskers with closed scrimmage
- Busch, Huskers make strong impression on 2023 Kansas City standout Jaidyn Doss
- Casey Thompson and Nebraska quarterbacks take center stage
- Husker quarterbacks embracing competition in practice and life in the state of Nebraska
- Husker notes: Wealth of factors helping Chubba Purdy fit in
Scenes from practice
- Omaha World-Herald | McKewon/Bland recap
- Lincoln Journal Star | Two-minute drill
- Lincoln Journal Star | Four downs
- Practice schedule
- HuskerMax/KLIN practice reports
- Spring media guide
- Nebraska football roster
- 2022 schedule