Nebraska had a chance to heal up during its off seek, and quarterback Adrian Martinez in particular benefited from that.
Coach Scott Frost said Monday that Martinez will be "100 percent" against Purdue on Saturday, two weeks after the junior QB played through an injury that limited his running ability in the loss at Minnesota.
The week was "a good opportunity to unplug and recharge," said defensive end Ben Stille.
Martinez said he has worked at being smarter about how he takes hits. "Maybe it's getting down a little earlier," he said. "Maybe it's finding a way to avoid big hits from guys in the Big Ten."
As for turning close losses into wins, Frost said instilling confidence is part of the answer. "Just knowing it's going to happen, rather than hoping, could probably take us the next step."
Refresh this page for the latest updates from Monday's press conference. Go here for the HuskerMax discussion. Asterisk indicates item may require a subscription.
- HuskerOnline | Five things we learned from NU's weekly press conference
- Hail Varsity | Scott Frost and Huskers Feel 'Refreshed' Following Bye Week, Ready for Purdue
- Husker 247 | Martinez getting healthier after effort against Minnesota
- Husker247 | Nebraska Football Monday Press Conference Quick Hits
- Husker247 | Huskers in the hallway: Rogers doesn't see let up, Nouili feels Big Ten difference
- Daily Nebraskan | Nebraska football looks to bust bye-week blues, slow Purdue’s pass-happy scheme on Saturday
- National Football Post | Nebraska's bowl bid hopes may hinge on matchup with Purdue
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Steven M. Sipple: Frost shows calm amid heat and other takeaways from NU news luncheon
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Frost talks recruiting; TE Fidone working his way back; NU 'excited' about freshman DB Buford
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Husker QB Adrian Martinez says he won't think about his future until after season; 'All attention on Purdue'
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Between 90-inch TVs and road trips, Huskers refresh, recharge during bye week
- Lincoln Journal Star* | The Word with Chris Kolarevic: A chance to play Power Five football, Nebraska's tradition and a round of word association
- Omaha World-Herald* | Huskers just need a 'little bit of extra confidence,' Scott Frost says
- Omaha World-Herald* | Huskers return from bye week refreshed, reenergized and ready for Purdue
- Omaha World-Herald* | Adrian Martinez wasn't 100% healthy against Minnesota, but he will be this weekend
- Omaha World-Herald* | Husker notes: Walk-on O-lineman climbs depth chart; Coaches return to recruiting trail
Click on name to view transcript
- Omaha World-Herald | McKewon & Shatel
- Lincoln Journal Star | Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Two-Minute Drill
From the other side
- 247Sports | Jeff Brohm names Aidan O'Connell starting QB against Nebraska
- Lafayette Journal & Courier | Purdue football at Nebraska: 10 storylines to track
- Boilermakers Country | VIDEO: Purdue Football Coach Jeff Brohm Previews Upcoming Matchup With Nebraska