Positions on the Huskers' offensive line are getting a close look this week in practice, coach Scott Frost said Monday.
"We're going to give some other people a real shot. ... We've got to find a left guard and we've got to play a little bit better at right tackle," Frost said. "Those are probably a couple of the spots we'll look at."
The O-line has struggled in both the running game and pass protection so far this season. Quarterback Adrian Martinez was sacked seven times in Saturday's overtime loss at Michigan State.
Another major contributor to the defeat in East Lansing got Frost's attention Monday. "I was in a couple meetings today," Frost said. "The special teams meeting was tough. It was rough, but it was honest."
Refresh this page to be sure you're seeing the latest additions. Go here for the HuskerMax conversation. Asterisk indicates item may require subscription.
- Omaha World-Herald* | Tom's Takes: The heat is on, and Scott Frost feels it
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Steven M. Sipple: Frost keeps it real on OL woes and other takeaways from Husker luncheon
- Husker247 | Frost discusses Monday of tough meetings, and position jobs up for grabs
- Husker247 | Huskers in the Hallway: Reimer thinks there's more left for defense
- Husker247 | Frost on O-line: 'We've got good players ... Got to get more out of them'
- HuskerOnline | Five things we learned from NU's weekly press conference
- Hail Varsity | Scott Frost Says 'Competition Is Always Open' on Nebraska's Offensive Line
- Hail Varsity | Luke Reimer and Nick Henrich Are Racking Up Tackles, They Can Thank the Defensive Line For That
- Daily Nebraskan | Frost, Huskers preach mental toughness, overcoming mistakes ahead of crucial home game
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Nelson, ’backers receive praise; Smothers continues to be ready; do night games mean more recruits?
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Searching for O-line answers, Scott Frost says Huskers will have 'open competition' this week. Who are some candidates?
- Lincoln Journal Star* | 'Hidden yardage stuff will kill you': Huskers' ST struggles vs. MSU go beyond key TD return
- Lincoln Journal Star* | The Word with Nick Henrich: Rooming with Garrett Nelson, word association and more with the Omaha Burke product
- Omaha World-Herald* | Changes may be coming to Nebraska's offensive line, Scott Frost says
- Omaha World-Herald* | Another challenge for the Huskers: Fixing their problems on the fly
- Omaha World-Herald* | Husker notes: 'We need to be a tougher team mentally'
- Omaha World-Herald | Shatel/McKewon
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
Click on name for transcript.
Side interviews (video)
From the other side
- Saturday Tradition | Pat Fitzgerald previews matchup with Nebraska in weekly presser
- Inside NU | Five key takeaways from Northwestern’s blowout of Ohio
- Saturday Tradition | Northwestern names Week 5 starting QB vs. Nebraska
- Husker247 | Fitzgerald pours on the compliments when talking about the Blackshirts