Coach Scott Frost said Monday that Oklahoma's speed will pose a challenge Saturday when his Huskers take on the Sooners in Norman.
On OU's game footage, "the speed just popped out right away," Frost said. "Every position."
Offensive lineman Turner Corcoran said one message from Frost during Monday's practice was that "these guys are fast. We’ve gotta play faster.”
As for the Huskers' struggles to establish a running game, Frost said Buffalo on Saturday "had the box packed, so that made it a little tough." But he said improvement is needed from everyone involved: the O-line, the running backs and the perimeter blockers.
Frost said true freshman offensive tackle Teddy Prochazka is "in the conversation" to be a part of the O-line rotation.
Refresh this page to be sure you're seeing the latest additions. Go here for the HuskerMax discussion. Asterisk indicates item may require subscription.
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Steven M. Sipple: Frost gets point across on bad call and other takeaways from NU luncheon
- Omaha World-Herald* | Tom's Takes: Nebraska-Oklahoma, a rivalry that never needed trash talk — and still doesn't
- HuskerOnline | Five things we learned from NU's weekly press conference
- Husker247 | Takeaways on Husker Presser Day: Oklahoma week arrives
- All Huskers | Huskers vs. Sooners: Not Your Parents’ Rivalry
- Hail Varsity | Nebraska Players Recognize Old Rivalry with Oklahoma, But Focusing On Themselves
- Hail Varsity | Nebraska Looks to Cut Down on Turnovers, Special Teams Errors Against No. 3 Oklahoma
- Hail Varsity | Oklahoma Matchup a Favorite for Scott Frost Growing Up in Nebraska
- Daily Nebraskan | Confident Nebraska defense ‘up for the challenge’ against No. 3 Oklahoma
- Husker247 | Huskers in the Hallway: Sichterman likes Adrian's start, Banks has new home
- Associated Press | Cornhuskers-Sooners revival just another game to most players
- Nebraska Athletics | Press conference transcripts
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Frost's two-letter response to injury question; the Grinch; how Toure stepped in on punts
- Lincoln Journal Star* | How does Nebraska get its run game going? And just how much has freshman OL Prochazka put himself in the mix?
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Reimer picks up 'huge honor' in Big Ten's defensive player of the week
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Game of the Century resonates with many, but most Husker players unfamiliar with history of NU/OU rivalry
- Omaha World-Herald* | Frost hopes five injured Husker pass-catchers will be 'back as soon as possible'
- Omaha World-Herald* | Freshman OL Teddy Prochazka is making a case for more playing time
- Omaha World-Herald* | Frost eager to see Nebraska-Oklahoma from a new perspective
- Omaha World-Herald* | Scott Frost knows all about speed. And he sees plenty of it with Oklahoma
- Lincoln Journal Star* | The Word with Garrett Snodgrass: How the family business drives the York native in football
- Omaha World-Herald* | 11 years after last meeting, current Huskers don't know much about Oklahoma rivalry
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
From the other side
- All Sooners | OU-Nebraska Will be a Spectacle for the Fans, Just Not the Players Involved
- Tulsa World | Watch Now: OU coaches, players reflect on 76-0 win; look ahead to Nebraska
- Tulsa World | Guerin Emig: Rich Glover returns to Norman to savor his Game of the Century masterpiece
- All Sooners | Why Oklahoma QB Caleb Williams is Ready Now
- All Sooners | Riley Unable to Update LB Danny Stutsman's Injury Status