For the second time in three weeks, Nebraska is facing a team with a new coaching staff. But unlike the situation with the opener against Illinois, the Husker football staff has actual game film to help in preparations.
Buffalo "looked like world-beaters in Game 1," Husker coach Scoff Frost said of Buffalo's 69-7 win Thursday over Wagner.
"They got ahead in that game fast and did some things late in the game that they didn't do in the first 20 snaps," he said, "so it's going to be a bit of a guessing game."
The Bulls' players "know how to win," and the Huskers "know they have a challenge on Saturday," Frost said.
Frost said he is sticking with Cam Taylor-Britt on punt returns despite miscues that led to a safety against Illinois and a turnover against Fordham. "I'm not the type of coach who's going to fire someone from a role if they make a mistake, but the mistakes have to quit," he said.
Casey Rogers, Travis Vokolek and Oliver Martin are getting closer to returning, but Frost offered no time frame on that.
Refresh this page for the latest updates, and follow the HuskerMax discussion here. Asterisk indicates item may require subscription.
- Hail Varsity | Frost Previews Buffalo Matchup to Kick Off New Week
- HuskerOnline | Five things we learned from NU's weekly press conference
- Husker247 | Frost discusses punt return situation, Manning, Smothers and more
- Daily Nebraskan | Nebraska football prepares for Buffalo team that ‘knows how to win’
- Hail Varsity | Buffalo Offense Will Serve as 'Good Test' for Husker Run Defense
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Making corrections; injury report; Aussie rules; Polar Bear on hunt
- Omaha World-Herald* | Frost says Huskers are preparing for challenge from 'very well-coached' Buffalo
- Nebraska Athletics | Press conference transcripts
- Omaha World-Herald* | Tom's Takes: In pursuit of bowl game, Huskers' schedule is full of marquee games — including Buffalo
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Steven M. Sipple: Smothers all smiles and three other takeaways from NU news conference
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Transfers made their presence felt around the Big Ten in Week 1, including Huskers' WR Toure, RB Stepp
- Omaha World-Herald* | Notes: Huskers not underestimating Buffalo; Sticking with Taylor-Britt on punt return; O-line makes big jump
- Lincoln Journal Star* | The Word with Ty Robinson: How a visit and meal with all 11 Husker coaches landed a commitment
- Omaha World-Herald* | Sam McKewon: The future of Husker football recruiting just might be the transfer portal
- Husker247 | Smothers joyful to have first Husker snaps handled; now back to work
- Omaha World-Herald* | Punter Daniel Cerni's multi-year journey to Nebraska has been 'an experience of a lifetime'
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
- Omaha World-Herald | Press Pass with Tom Shatel
Depth chart notes
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Depth chart musings, including a young DB and former transfer ILB who have made moves
- Omaha World-Herald* | Huskers release depth chart for first time since 2019 season
Press conference video