Coach Scott Frost said his Huskers are preparing to face a loud and hostile crowd Saturday night in East Lansing, similar to last weekend at Oklahoma.
"We've got to do a better job making sure the noise doesn't affect us," Frost said after Thursday's practice. "Four false-start penalties is too many."
The prime-time game at Michigan State is "another great opportunity," Frost said. He said the week of practices has been good "and the guys are excited."
On the injury front, wide receiver Oliver Martin's status for Saturday is uncertain. Martin is "getting close," Frost said, but he hasn't played since the opener against Illinois, when he had six receptions for 103 yards.
Frost also confirmed that backup safety Javin Wright could miss the rest of the season after surgery this week for a blood clot. "We'll try to get him healthy," Frost said, "and hopefully he has some better luck going forward."
Frost said placekicker Connor Culp performed well during practice this week despite his struggles during the first third of the season. "We've got to trust him and let him go out and do his job," Frost said.
Refresh this page to be sure you're seeing the latest additions. Go here for the HuskerMax conversation. Asterisk indicates item may require subscription.
- Husker247 | Frost updates injuries, kicking spot
- Hail Varsity | Containing Kenneth Walker III Will Be 'Big Part of Game Plan' According To Frost
- Nebraska Athletics | Frost Prepares for Top-20 Big Ten Foe
- Lincoln Journal Star* | What makes MSU's Kenneth Walker III so effective in the running game? Husker coaches share what they see on tape
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: WR Oliver Martin questionable vs. MSU; DB Taylor-Britt 'pressing'; Wright's season likely over
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Steven M. Sipple: Go ahead and roll your eyes, but this game may be biggest of Frost era
- Omaha World-Herald* | Oliver Martin unlikely to return from injury against Michigan State, Scott Frost says
- Omaha World-Herald* | Husker penalty problems persist on offense — and may be getting worse
- Lincoln Journal Star | Parker Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Parker Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
- Hail Varsity | Sorensen/Smith
From the other side
- On3 | Michigan State reveals throwback helmets, uniforms for Nebraska game
- Detroit News* | Spartans staying true to Mel Tucker's words
- HuskerOnline | We caught up with Spartan Nation's Hondo Carpenter to get his take and prediction on Saturday's Nebraska game
- Lansing State Journal* | MSU vs. Nebraska football: Prediction, preview, 5 factors, how to bet