Offensive coordinator Matt Lubick isn't ready to blame the Huskers' inconsistency Saturday on Illinois' unexpected use of an even defensive front.
"We had another call sheet for if they come out in even. ... We used those plays," Lubick said after Tuesday's Nebraska football practice. "We didn't have the results that we would like to have."
Defensive coordinator Erik Chinander expressed disappointment in the Blackshirts' start to the second half in Champaign -- giving up a 75-yard, clock-chewing touchdown drive.
"It has to be taken as the most important drive of the game for us," he said. "It has to be a staple for us."
Overall, the defense "played a good football game," Chinander said. "They had an opportunity to play an elite football game, and we weren’t quite ready to do it yet. And that’s on me. That’s disappointing."
Refresh this page to make sure you're seeing the the latest additions. An asterisk indicates an item may require a subscription. Go here for the HuskerMax discussion.
- Hail Varsity | Nebraska Assistants Matt Lubick, Mike Dawson Talk Illinois Loss
- Husker247 | Nebraska Football Tuesday practice quick hits
- Nebraska Athletics | Chinander Explains His Message to the Team Ahead of Fordham Game
- Lincoln Journal Star* | How Nebraska coaches punt returners, and why Taylor-Britt will remain in that role after mistake
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Red Report: Lubick talks execution; Dawson understood Tannor penalties; Betts the No. 1 KR option
- Omaha World-Herald* | Erik Chinander believes Husker defense played well, but 'this group has more'
- Omaha World-Herald* | Notes: Sean Beckton encouraged by performance of Nebraska's tight ends
- Omaha World-Herald* | Huskers watched their mistakes as a team. Now they'll try to forget them
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Inside Gabe Ervin's 'champion mindset' that carried him to the top NU's depth chart at RB
- Lincoln Journal Star* | Blackshirts were 'good' against Illinois, but there remains plenty on to-do list
- Omaha World-Herald | Watkins/Bland
- Hail Varsity | Sorensen/Smith
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Four Downs
- Lincoln Journal Star | Sipple/Gabriel Two-Minute Drill
- HuskerOnline | Sean Callahan