WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. — The Big Ten Conference is home to some of college basketball's most iconic venues. With most programs planning to return to full capacity next season, the fans are expected to be as rambunctious as ever.
College basketball expert and Big Ten Network contributor Andy Katz revealed a list of his top-5 home venues in the league for the 2021-22 season. At his top spot was none other than Purdue's Mackey Arena.
The Boilermakers are expecting full capacity with more than 14,000 people in the stands next season. The team finished fourth in the conference last year with an overall record of 18-10, including 13-6 against league opponents.
His analysis of the five programs can be viewed in a Tweet from the Big Ten Network below.
Katz's Top-5 Home Venues for 2021-22 Big Ten Basketball
- 5. Jack Breslin Student Events Center, Michigan State
- 4. State Farm Center, Illinois
- 3. Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, Indiana
- 2. Xfinity Center, Maryland
- 1. Mackey Arena, Purdue
"It's become my favorite place in the Big Ten," Katz said. "Paint Crew. Mackey Arena. Bouncing off the ceiling. The sound's going to be reverberating throughout the course of Mackey Arena. To me, that will be the No. 1 environment next season because the place is going to be packed, and Purdue could win the Big Ten."
- INDIANA ALL-STARS SWEEP KENTUCKY: Caleb Furst was named the MVP of the Indiana-Kentucky All-Star game on Saturday. He recorded a team-high 14 points and 17 rebounds. However, fellow Purdue commit trey Kaufman-Renn missed the second half with an injury. CLICK HERE
- CALEB FURST, INDIANA WIN GAME 1: The historic All-Star basketball series between Indiana and Kentucky means a lot to many people, and on Friday night, the Indiana team won its 100th game in the series, beating Kentucky 93-70. CLICK HERE
- CAMDEN HEIDE VISITS PURDUE: Wayzata High School forward Camden Heide is a 2022 prospect and will have an official visit with Purdue basketball this weekend. The rising senior is a four-star recruit and the 13th-ranked player at his position in the country. CLICK HERE
- PURDUE COMMITS PLAY IN INDIANA ALL-STAR GAME: Caleb Furst and Trey Kaufman-Renn helped lead the way to victory in the Indiana Junior-Senior All-Star game on Wednesday. Brian Waddell also found time on the floor for the seniors, while Fletcher Loyer and Braden Smith played for the junior squad. CLICK HERE