1. Three years ago, I made the decision to quit playing fantasy football. It was easily one of the top five greatest things I've ever done in my life.
I had played fantasy football since high school. I'm so old, I remember the days of buying USA Today every Monday to do the scores by hand with - gasp! -- pen and paper.
But a few years ago, I realized that outside of draft day, I literally got no enjoyment from fantasy football. I didn't want to have to stay up until 3 a.m. so I could be the first one to pick up a kicker. I didn't want to bet the Packers, but then root against Aaron Rodgers because my fantasy opponent was starting him. It all became too much. And joyless.
Why am I telling you all this? Because ESPN fantasy expert Matthew Berry went bonkers yesterday ripping the Arizona Cardinals over fantasy football and it reinforced my belief that giving up fantasy was a life-changing decision for me that I haven't regretted for one split second.
Obviously, covering fantasy sports is what Berry does for a living and he does it well because he's become the No. 1 guy in that industry, as we discussed recently on the SI Media Podcast.
But when I watched this clip of an angry Berry, all I could think was, "Can you imagine getting this upset about the Arizona Cardinals backfield?"
As Berry explained, Arizona expected David Johnson to start against the Giants, but then he didn't play and Chase Edmonds filled in and had a monster game. Then the team's official Twitter account taunted people who didn't start Edmonds.
So I ended up having two thoughts while watching the video: Can you imagine getting this worked up about the Arizona Cardinals backfield AND can you imagine getting this worked up about the Arizona Cardinals Twitter account?
But that's the life you sign up for when you play fantasy football.
2. Kawai Leonard is Mr. Personality in this new commercial for Terminator: Dark Fate with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton.
3. All I could think about last night as Bill Belichick was once again embarrassing the sad sack Jets was this clip from ESPN's great 30-for-30, The Two Bills.
4. You knew Twitter would do its thing once ESPN aired a clip of a mic'd up Sam Darnold saying he was seeing ghosts during last night's blowout loss to the Patriots.
5. If you're a Seinfeld fan, check out the just-completed bracket, chock full of interesting stats, on Reddit to determine the best episode of the series
6. The latest SI Media Podcast is out and it features an interview with SI.com legal analyst Michael McCann. We discussed the NBA/China/LeBron James situation, fallout from the new information regarding Tyler Skaggs’s death, Antonio Brown's grievance against the Patriots, Purdue banning sports betting, how the XFL can learn from the AAF, fan injuries caused by flying objects and more.
7. RANDOM YOUTUBE VIDEO OF THE DAY: Jimmy Kimmel is doing his show this week in Brooklyn, so yesterday he asked New Yorkers to congratulate the Astros on winning the ALCS and it went exactly how you'd expect.
Be sure to catch up on past editions of Traina Thoughts and check out the Sports Illustrated Media Podcast hosted by Jimmy Traina on iTunes, Spotify or Google Play. You can also follow Jimmy on Twitter and Instagram.