On Tuesday, it's Reggie Miller's 56th birthday, and the five-time All-Star got a happy birthday wish from the only NBA team he ever player for (see Tweet below from the Indiana Pacers).
Miller is a Pacers legend and led the franchise to their only NBA Finals appearance.
In 2000, they played in the NBA Finals, where they lost to the Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal Led Los Angeles Lakers.
Some notes on Miller:
- Career-high 24.6 points per game in 1990
- Made the playoffs 15 times
- Played 18 years in the NBA
- One NBA Finals appearance
- Made his first All-Star game in just his third season
- His #31 jersey is retired by the Indiana Pacers
- He leads the team's entire history in points (25,279)
- He leads the team's entire history in minutes (47,619)
- He leads the team's entire history in assists (4,141)
- He leads the team's entire history in steals (1,505)
- He leads the team's entire history in three-pointers made (2,560)
- Hall of Famer
- He is a TNT broadcaster
Miller also had an infamous moment in the NBA Playoffs with New York Knicks super fan Spike Lee.
The video of what happened in the 1994 Eastern Conference Finals can be seen in a Tweet that is embedded below from Ball Street Journal.
Related stories on NBA basketball
- PACERS DRAFT CHRIS DUARTE: The Indiana Pacers drafted Chris Duarte out of Oregon with the 13th overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft. CLICK HERE.
- PACERS TRADE FOR ISAIAH WASHINGTON: The Indiana Pacers made a trade with the Washington Wizards to get the 22nd overall pick, which was Isaiah Jackson out of Kentucky. CLICK HERE.
- RICK CARLISLE SPEAKS ABOUT NEW DRAFT PICKS: Indiana Pacers head coach Rick Carlisle spoke about new draft picks Isaiah Washington and Chris Duarte. CLICK HERE.
- HEAT BRING BACK VICTOR OLADIPO: Victor Oladipo is headed back to the Miami Heat, according to The Atheltic's Shams Charania. CLICK HERE.